LegacyGT.com

Top Gear C6

[url]http://www.sleepy-fish.com/sleepy/Top_Gear_Corvette_hi.wmv[/url] Right Click Save As All in all I think the review could have been a little bit more harsh as much as they dislike American cars there. Clarkson is against the C6 because he owns the Ford GT, so since he already has his car, what's he have to kiss up to U.S. cars for especially a Chevy? Clarkson LOVED the Monaro for it's "fun" factor.(note the UK Monaro doesn't have the gas tank moved to the trunk) But even on the lap time he wrote "Loser". The C6 was in the top 10 and cost a hell of alot less than all of them. Bang for Buck once again. I actually like Hammond over Clarkson because he can actually "drive" I don't think he's used to left hand drive shifting though. It'd be like asking us to rip a record lap time in a RHD Skyline. So the C6 has a few plastics in the car and it has leaf springs(which got the job done quite well) with a fiberglass body; that's what keeps it so cheap. The C6 isn't perfect. The drag race thing was driver error, so that's that. The Vettes have always had the transverse mounted leaf springs. It is a single composite spring that supports the suspension on the front, and another one supports the suspension on the rear (There are no coilovers on C5 vettes whatsoever). The only thing about these springs that resembles leaf spring technology of old only is the name "leaf spring" the setup in reality is actually quite high tech. The primary reasons leaf springs have been used here as opposed to coilovers is to help reduce weight and prevent the suspension from sagging. Th ey are also supposedly more responsive than a typical coilover setup

I'm not a fan of Corvettes at all I infact hate them the only ones I do respect is the C5 Z06 and the car was amazing and real beast for the price. The interior will always be poo (to keep this primetime friendly), same with the design and the fiberglass body but the fact still holds up, huge engine, huge numbers and light weight will make a quick car no matter how you cut it and this car excels at what its designed to do which is go fast. The Z06 version of this car is gonna be even more incredible with the same short comings but will sell no matter what becasue plenty of American and perhaps other buys around the world love the car and would never give it up.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Archived