LegacyGT.com

Transmission squeak

I just replaced the clutch and transmission on my LGT 05 about a week ago. Has about 150 miles on all the new parts. I just noticed a squeaking noise coming from the trans. I couldn’t tell if it goes away while the clutch pedal is in or out but it only happens at idle. I haven’t found any useful threads that relate to what I’m seeing so thought I’d make my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the throwout bearing to me. My brother has this issue in his bugeye but it's really bad. Squeaks a ton at idle, is fine while driving with the clutch engaged, and also goes away if you simply press the clutch in. While idling in neutral the thing is nice a squeaky though

Sounds like the throwout bearing to me. My brother has this issue in his bugeye but it's really bad. Squeaks a ton at idle, is fine while driving with the clutch engaged, and also goes away if you simply press the clutch in. While idling in neutral the thing is nice a squeaky though

That’s mainly what I’ve found with research. Still seems weird that it’s a brand new TOB, fork, spring, and pivot stud with 150 miles on it. It’s a exedy stage 1 kit but I broke the pins on the TOB that came with it so I got a new OEM bearing and OEM fork. Could it be a part of the break in period?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly I have never really heard of a wear in period for those guys. It sounds like that may be the issue but as to why I'm not entirely sure. Somebody else might chime in with some more insight but yeah I'd be guessing something is up with that bearing