LegacyGT.com

06 Spec B oil leaking, name this part

I have a 2006 spec B and it’s been leaking/burning oil. Garage can’t figure out why. No problem however we keep it topped off. Today on way home 45 minutes of driving noticed smoke under the hood. Looking at the engine it’s on left side towards the front a metal looking pipe/tube appears to have oil all over it causing the smoke. I can’t figure out how to upload a photo from my phone keep getting invalid file. Is there a diagram out there with all parts listed I could look at? I can only find vacuum and electrical diagrams and I need to figure out what this part is to get an idea if we can drive it the hour each way tomorrow.

I mean passenger side lol. There is a metal pipe looks flattish, maybe the size of two pencils next to each other in thickness. It connects to something toward the front of the car and the whole piece of that pipe I can see looked wet with oil. Oil level is fine, and now I’m being told by husband that it has been smoking like that for some time now, he just never opened the hood to see where it was coming from. I’ll check out the website you posted thanks!

I wonder if maybe the pic is too large in file size or pixel size.

I don't have a turbo, but I've been googling to try to picture what you're talking about. Turbo guys should be able to help no problem, but I'll throw out some pics/ideas..

Passenger side oil control valve o-ring leaking? Or maybe coming from the oil feed line copper crush washers?

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/replace-avcs-oil-control-valves-ocvs-262119.html

I'm picturing these gold-ish colored pipes in the link below from your description (picture #2)

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/remove-all-banjo-filters-222758.html

Edit: Actually, those gold pipes might be fuel pipes now that I think about it, and not what I have highlighted in my attached picture..

oilpipe.thumb.jpg.1891e96a575fc32300b130a7befe3730.jpg

Edited by apexi

Off the top of my head I cant think of any metal lines on the passenger side other than the power steering line that runs down to the rack? I suppose it depends on where at, closer to the turbo or up by the valve covers? As mentioned the valve covers on these cars are really known to leak on these cars, suggested the passenger side leaks more often due to the heat of the turbo. Oil feed is usually tapped into the back of the head of I'm not mistaken? I know the 05 and 06 should have the B25 heads whereas my 08 has the D25 heads so there may be some differences.

Best bet would be to hop under the car with a flash light and check out those valve covers, they may be dripping on many different places, usually drenches the engine if bad enough. If it's closer to the turbo I'd check the connections on the oil feed lines, and if it's closer to the top of the engine I'd check the oil flow control valves. Good opportunity to remove the banjo fittings while your at it too!