LegacyGT.com

Seeking suggestions on build 97 BK

97BkBrighton

So to start I have a 97 Legacy Brighton Wagon, all stock.

I cant complain, the car has been a dream.

I'm really looking into doing some modest upgrades to the suspension and improving handling. Going for a daily build with the ability to handle some "spirited driving" on the back roads.

Possible ideas in order of interest; upgraded sway bars. Stiffer springs, maybe a bigger wheel setup?

*p.s any ways i can squeeze a little more power out of a NA engine would be welcomed also.

If you know of any reputable brands for parts, feel free to link them in the thread. Not trying to break the bank. Just classy upgrades that are good to start off with.

*pic unrelated, me doing my timing belt at night.

IMG_20200509_222917.thumb.jpg.0afb6f60011a80e0814d3617ea7f983a.jpg

Edited by 97BkBrighton

Welcome

Look at Bilstein for your suspension, and I like whiteline for sway bars, mounts, links etc.

Unfortunately power is hard to come by on these cars. Once you get the car driving a little better you could consider going NA-T by adding a small low pressure turbo. If you keep the psi low, then you don't need a new ecu or tuning. Check out the FAQs and stickies. Lots of info in here.

Thanks for the reply, if I threw a turbo on it would definitely be a low boost setup, mainly for fuel economy, the engine has 200k miles on it and its sohc so I wouldnt ve doing anything crazy.

I'll have to look into the bilstiens, ive seen a few people mention the whiteline sway bars which will probably be my first upgrade. The wagon is in dire need of new struts though. On a side note I'm looking for a reputable source for remanufactured OEM cv axles. I dont have any clicking on turns but ive got some kind of a wobble going on. I can hear the tire oscilating on the highway. Doesnt sound very "true" in its performance.