LegacyGT.com

Dashboard lit up like xmas, vdc tcs cvt brake

I'm sitting in my car and when I turn the car on, I had my foot on the brake when I put it in drive. The dash starts flashing vehicle Dynamics control see owners manual, transmission control system see owners manual, parking brake see owners manual. The car hasn't been running right lately. About a week ago I was picking up a friend and the car started idling rough. When I was driving them home the car started rattling but I thought it was the exhaust hangers. The car doesnt handle as it did before. There were a lot of clunks and rattling and the wheels feel light they're going to fall off. The suspension was checked before but everything's bolted up tight. In neutral or park the car started idling quietly, but when I shifted into drive it was noisier. I shifted back to neutral and its quiet, drive and its noticeably noisier. My mechanic told me hes seen the parking brake lock up which maybe made the transmission work harder and overheat but then what about the vehicle Dynamics control? Idk what's wrong yet but I start work tomorrow and this doesnt help with me already being slightly anxious. Car only has 37,xxx miles for added info.

Sorry for grammar I'm in my phone

Edited by JRu17

Change gas stations recently? Maybe you got a batch of bad gas?

Last oil change?

Still on original battery?

Everything under the hood look good?

Everything under the car look good?

Guess I lucked out. Other than a bad battery my car went 78k miles with no issues before I traded it in.

1. What are the codes for the check engine light and why didn't your mechanic check that first???

2. Have the CVT checked out

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

If its anything like the 5th Gen, those additional warning indicators just are bring to your attention that you have check engine light. A scanner is needed to read the ECM to determine the check engine code(s)

Havent changed gas stations, new battery, oil change in a about 500 miles. No visible damage. No check engine light. The mechanic was busy yesterday so they're fitting it in today. 2015 2.5 premium 37,xxx miles

Have you checked for a loose gas filler cap? It's a common cause of the light show you describe. Always check the easy (and seemingly obvious) things first.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Have you checked for a loose gas filler cap? It's a common cause of the light show you describe. Always check the easy (and seemingly obvious) things first.

I haven't had this happen on my Legacy, but recall this happening on our FXT and seeing something like, "check gas cap" on the MFD. Am I misremembering? Wouldn't something similar or a DTC "large evap leak" be present along with the CEL?

'15 FB25

I had the seal on my gas cap go bad where it caused the check engine light to come on at a half tank of gas. It disabled eyesight and VDC and out of lane warnig but it did not affect the engine and transmission at all. Something else is doing that. Now this is truly a wild ass guess, but with computers controlling everything on cars these days I would add those to the list of things to look at.

My mechanic looked the car over and there was nothing visible. No CEL codes and when he went to scan the TCM it wouldnt let his scanner in. I had to get it towed from the mechanic to the dealership. Now I'm just waiting to hear from the dealership what they find.

The cat happened to be replaced along with the header, since both are one piece. The REASON for the recall is that the header may have been installed at the factory under tension, possibly resulting in the flex accordion to fail.

I hope your issue is resolved!

'15 FB25