LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

• I Donated
We have a bathroom project that's been necessary for 20 years. I want to sell the house and make it someone else's problem. My wife is convinced we can do it for less than $100k and get the money back at the sale. We duct taped a shower curtain over the leaking tile wall several months ago. Seems to have fixed the leak. Sum total outlay was $10. We're definitely going to get that back :)

Nah, you're gonna lose way more than $10 when prospective buyers walk through the bathroom and realize they've got to shell out $$$ just to get the house move-in ready.

Just put in a prefab tub or shower if you want to go cheap.

Nah, you're gonna lose way more than $10 when prospective buyers walk through the bathroom and realize they've got to shell out $$$ just to get the house move-in ready.

Just put in a prefab tub or shower if you want to go cheap.

the mess under there is something else. plus all the fixtures in that room are pink. I'm hoping the buyer thinks pink is awesome

• I Donated
the mess under there is something else. plus all the fixtures in that room are pink. I'm hoping the buyer thinks pink is awesome
That was basically my master bathroom. Pink and yellow when I bought the house. Moldy drywall under the tiles.

Mold:

aa38e54f61f9612a6236ffed1f736371.jpg

New enclosure going in (with the old toilet):

78915010bc6894b4f40bc8d63628fed6.jpg

New enclosure finished:

c510e1b91a116bcea609b06fa850bc74.jpg

Rest of bathroom done:

4ab86ea3dd6f3d7c11c139f36570b95b.jpg

Finished this part later:

1e6de175cdb84bd32dd079b608b07fdc.jpg

Edited by thefultonhow

• I Donated
we have same thing. except its a dark pink. when we bought it, the carpet was a matching pink and the wall paper was pink & silver foil stripes. I wanted to keep it as is. Alas, the carpet was disgusting.

carpet in a bathroom?

The house I grew up in had brown shag carpet in the hall bathroom when we moved in. I was 6. You can guess how long that lasted.

Alas, the circa-1956 tile underneath was pink and brown.

My parents finally had that bathroom ripped out, as well as the 8x4' (tiny) master bath, three years ago. Spent more than they had spent on the house itself in 1992 bumping out the wall and redoing those bathrooms, putting in an addition for the kitchen and redoing that. They spent $311k on the house, and $400k on the addition/reno. Considering a house with similar specs (square footage, bedroom/bathroom count, split-level design, lot size) but smaller kitchen with not as nice finishes sold down the street earlier this year for $850k, they might actually get it all back when they sell, too.

New HVAC is going in today. It's still slow season here so got a bit a of a discount. Still hurts though.

New house has been loaded with issues. Installing a water softener next week too since the water right now is about 50/50 h20/calcium.

Looking forward to not going through this again for 20 years.

Brought to you by Pfizer

Mother's Day is going to be difficult this weekend. My wife and I suffered the loss of our first child at 36 weeks back in February. Grief of a stillbirth is unbelievably painful.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mother's Day is going to be difficult this weekend. My wife and I suffered the loss of our first child at 36 weeks back in February. Grief of a stillbirth is unbelievably painful.

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that.

My wife and I went through that 3 times, it's not something that anyone should have to go through. Take time for yourselves, you need time to grieve.

Appreciate the support, we made the most of the day as best we could. A little positivity and low and slow smoked meat goes a long way for improving one's mood.

Today was the pups first day of a clinical trial for lymphoma treatment. Also got word that her case is considered a stage 5 since she has carriers in her blood. It's been a rough three weeks leading up to this first treatment, we were initially not finding any place that would take even a consult appointment but luckily Tufts called us about this trial.

She is 10 this August... Still has a lot of energy in her and I want to just let her enjoy as much as she can.

ea4306ebb12d40599edd98ed031d663a.jpg

c06fc1a4674dbb75a172699c67b029c1.jpg

6ea28534e5c7fcfa08efb8d47c85ff55.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Back from another trip to the Great Smoky Mountains, camped in Smokemont.

Went last fall for the foliage, and were looking for wildflowers this go round. I think we were a bit past the peak blooms, but still saw a good variety, especially at mid/high elevation.

Really want to see the rhododendrons in bloom. Looked like the buds were starting to form, so I'm guessing they'll start to pop in the next couple weeks.

Hiked about 35 miles over 4 days, longest day was 14.2...that kicked my ass. Also made me think I should get some mid or high top hiking boots with stronger soles for rough terrain.

I have a pair of Merrell hiking shoes which are great for easy to moderate trails, but on the rocky trails I felt every single rock jabbing my foot, and my ankles were killing me.

That's a lot of mileage.

FOr a trek like that, you almost need a separate pair of shoes, as you dont want something so rigid for the huge majority of your hike.

Nice work!

Hoping to do MT Washington in the next couple years.

Really want to see the rhododendrons in bloom. Looked like the buds were starting to form, so I'm guessing they'll start to pop in the next couple weeks.

Mid-late June. Im planning a backpacking trip to KY/TN to see them!

Hiked about 35 miles over 4 days, longest day was 14.2...that kicked my ass. Also made me think I should get some mid or high top hiking boots with stronger soles for rough terrain.

I have a pair of Merrell hiking shoes which are great for easy to moderate trails, but on the rocky trails I felt every single rock jabbing my foot, and my ankles were killing me.

I use trail runners; work great!

Yup all I use any more. I found they flex and make it easier, sectioned hike the AZ trail in them plenty of rocks there. Take them all over Red River George, Dolly Sods, TN.

We did plenty in NH and ME last year, (even CT) where that pic above would be the easy parts. Lots and lots of scrambles. Tons of boulders. Climbing more than hiking in some areas. Makes it fun though!

I use hiking sneakers in some areas, and to be honest, I'll use asics running sneakers (heavy cushioned, nimbus) on most. The agility you get with a good pair of shoes is great. The descents are brutal on rocky terrain in running sneakers though. We do a lot of elevation stuff though. So short and sweet, but intense. Sub 5 hours usually. We also had a 7 yo doing it with us. lol

Yup all I use any more. I found they flex and make it easier, sectioned hike the AZ trail in them plenty of rocks there. Take them all over Red River George, Dolly Sods, TN.

hahaha yep.

Like i said, going down a rocky mountain in running kicks can be tough on the feet, especially after a few days of hikes, but i really do enjoy the agility. As soon as i role my ankle i'll deny all of this. :lol:

When we do mt washington, i'll need different foot gear.