LegacyGT.com

Urgent help needed!

So of course it's a Sunday and nothing is open.

Long story short, my 08 spec b was running fine yesterday and when I got home I added another remote to the car using the lock and unlock method on the door. It took quite a few tries but I got it to finally program.

Well in one of those rounds I believe I activated the immobilizer, nothing else changed. If I try to crank the car with any key I have I get absolutely nothing past the ON position. The cooling fans are on (which is weird) and so I checked the green test connectors, nope not connected. I check on my accessport in case my coolant temp sensor is shot. Nope reading normal at 52 right now which is pretty much the outside temp.

I'm thinking of disconnecting the battery for a few minutes but I don't want to do that yet if it's an easy fix.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

Solved! I'm an idiot and didn't pop the hood. Well the main power wire to the starter popped off the positive battery terminal. I bought new copper ends to solder on because I thought they were a bit short.

A bit of solder and fire and we are all good!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Haha yeah, it's just funny how it decided to remove itself from the battery terminal seemingly overnight. It was still down tight as well.

I had a bunch of things to do yesterday so I was suddenly in a tiny panic, because nothing would have got done otherwise. Everything did get done, just a couple hours later on.

Haha yeah, it's just funny how it decided to remove itself from the battery terminal seemingly overnight. It was still down tight as well.

I had a bunch of things to do yesterday so I was suddenly in a tiny panic, because nothing would have got done otherwise. Everything did get done, just a couple hours later on.

I hate that feeling when you are working on something and all of a sudden with no seemingly logic explanation it seriously regresses and you have to spend a bunch of time retracing steps.