LegacyGT.com

60,000 miles service and TSBs

After so many miles without being serviced, my Legacy has now 60,400 miles and I will be taking it to the dealer for the scheduled service.

Is it expected to have the dealer to also perform the TSBs for my car? I saw some in this link and I am thinking about printing the list and taking with me.

Of course, there is no way for me to know whether all TSBs were performed in my car :/

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Is it expected to have the dealer to also perform the TSBs for my car?

Recalls, yes. TSBs, no.

In general, a dealer is required to observe the problem addressed by a TSB before SOA will authorize update/repair at their expense. In dealer shops the policy is often stated as, "Don't upsell the warranty."

N.B. Authorizing your dealer to perform a "60,000 mile service" on your car is just like handing them your checkbook. It gives them license to add lots of profitable but unnecessary work to the bill. Best to authorize only the work specified in the official Subaru Warranty & Maintenance Guide.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

A TSB just describes a maintenance procedure to address a specific issue. In general, SOA will pay if the subject of the TSB is still under warranty (may be either 3/36, 5/60, or a special extended warranty) or covered by a Subaru Added Security plan. Out of warranty and no SAS plan, SOA may offer to pay some or all ... but they're not obligated to.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png