LegacyGT.com

Anyone have uninstalled front springs to measure?

Gary Gross

Does anyone know, or can measure, the uninstalled front spring heights of Subaru 95-99's, 00-04's, and 05-09 legacy's?

I'm working on an old gen Subaru converted to newer EJ suspension. Read all the posts with spring/length/height in the title and didn't find any.

• 4 months later...
Length of metal, or shortest distance from end-to-end, top to bottom, etc.?

I’ve already figured it out by getting sets and swapping parts. I didn’t measure. Maybe I should have, the comparisons could help someone in the future if someone posted them. I searched extensively and couldn’t find anything definitive so maybe no one really cares and this isn’t that needed or helpful! Lol.

Thanks for asking and clarifying.

“Uninstalled height”: like measuring an individuals height, spring on ground, how high is the top of the of the topmost coil?

not sure what “length of metal” could be, or how “height” would be anything less than described above. If it was different than height described above, or some specific partial height, that would typically be spelled out.

NP.. I have a set of springs I was gonna measure for you but it looks like you've got it all figured out. :)

Awesome, thanks for noticing and asking. I've been on USMB for like decades but venture to other sites rarely too. Leg wasn't significantly shorter (if at all?) than OB springs, but the car settles a lot more once installed I guess due to a lower spring rate. I still haven't decided if that works for this 80's Subaru application yet but it might.