LegacyGT.com

stupid question about battery life

my car has been sittingt in garage for almost 4+mons, battery died. so i slow-charged my battery 3~4wks ago, haven't touch it since then. now it's died again. it's about 1 y/o new.

the battery'd been droped below 0.9v, so i had to use another old battery to charge it to 4v in order to charge it with the charger.

my question is.. am i supposed to maintain a battery at least certain voltages, otherwise it won't hold charge??

btw, i have a small 50wx4 amps. and hid headlight. but like i said, i haven't turn them on for almost 5mons.

thanks

Next time you fully charge it, remove the cables and see if it still has a charge later.

Or take the battery out and have a auto parts store test it for free.

You need to see if your car is drawing more current then it should.

Or you could pick up a trickle charger and leave it plugged in while your not driving the car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

A battery will be very difficult to bring back if it discharges too much. A 2amp trickle charger should take care of your needs. I can't stress this enough, make sure its plugged into a gfci outlet. My co-workers dad could have lost his Boxster S. The charger shorted out against the hood, bubbled the paint in a small area and charred the underside of the hood.