LegacyGT.com

Sirius or XM?

mlloydlgt

Sirius or XM  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Sirius or XM

Sure they can.

XM launched first and got a big headstart.

MOST of their subscribers came in the fact that

in 2001 they got GM to sign a contract offering XM

as an exclusive in GM's line up.

That added MILLIONS of members.

You're also doing something wrong by getting a GM these days.

And as for Stern....he has more listeners now than he's ever had before.

YOU may be burned out on him after a couple decades of listening, but

there are MILLIONS of Gen X'ers that still love him and

MILLIONS more Gen Y'ers that are just starting to listen to him now.

XM is for GM and Hyundai drivers who LISTEN (yawn) to Golf and like Clear Channel Communications and Ryan Seacrest.

Sirius is for BMW and Mercedes drivers who love the NBA, NFL, and listen to Howard Stern.

Get Sirius!

Actually, it is Sirius that is claiming the nonactivated cars as subscriptions in their #'s. XM doesn't add the GM subscriptions untill after the 3 month trial period, when/if the person renews for a paying subscription

tekkitan, don't get your panties in a twist. choosing etween these two companies is purely subjective. i don't listen ot howard stern or MLB, so i could care less about your opinion regarding XM superiority over sirius. for the music i listen to (more popular genres) sirius has much better programing IN MY OPINION.

tekkitan, don't get your panties in a twist. choosing etween these two companies is purely subjective. i don't listen ot howard stern or MLB, so i could care less about your opinion regarding XM superiority over sirius. for the music i listen to (more popular genres) sirius has much better programing IN MY OPINION.

Don't get my panties in a bunch? I'm not, it's called a debate. I was responding to the guy above, am I not allowed to do that here? I don't care what you like or don't like. I'm defending what I like, and why I think it's better than the competitor. I never said what I say is right and the other guy is wrong, nor do I expect people like you to take my side over the other.

I think your comment was pretty rude to tell you the truth.

u were getting feisty, no doubt. this stupid debate has been discussed over and over again, use the search tool. its there for this reason.

and that means i am not allowed to voice my opinion about it? i've never talked about it here. you're being very rude, happy thanksgiving :icon_roll

edit: anyways, i think i'm done here. i've made my point. you want to argue about this and say some more rude comments to me, PM them to me as they dont belong here.

XM has MLB buddy. Siruis is for you yuppies that listen to Martha Stewart and think Howard Stern is so great. Howard makes me sick. He is so full of himself I want to hit him upside the head with a shovel. He thinks that everyone rips him off and that he invented everything.

Also, I dont listen to GOLF or Ryan Seacrest. I listen to Opie & Anthony. More controvercial than Howard and anything else on Sirius put together.

XM may have gotten a head start, but that doesn't mean anything. If people would have heard Sirius is better, they would switch to Sirius. Fact is, Sirius has a poor radio selection and poor programming. Don't expect them to be commercial free much longer, as they aren't going anywhere.

And as for your car comment, here is a list of cars that XM radio comes installed in now a days. They dont have this big list because they are boring and "worse" than Sirius.

http://www.xmradio.com/cars/

The fact is, Howard Stern is a joke. He is done. His prime is long gone. You seem to think his audience is bigger than ever, yet when he does a public appearance his fan base is more thin than it ever was. When he was on Letterman, more O&A fans came by to trash him than his own fans showed up. He is washed up.

1. MLB is only fractionally more entertaining to WATCH than Golf. Once again a sleeper sport, and would put anybody to sleep LISTENING to it over the radio. NBA, NFL, NHL those are fast paced entertaining sports to watch OR listen too. Sirius has all 3

2. "yuppies" Ahh, Sorry, I was just pointing out that the greatest automakers have picked Sirius over XM. Sirius is also exclusive to more

other automakers than XM.

3. Martha Stewart is listened to by MILLIONS of women.

4. Opie and Anthony who? Howard is the originator of "shock jock" voice your opinion, holds no bar radio! I take it O&A are immitators, of course?

How easy it is to immitate.

5. People ARE switching from XM to Sirius. I for one, am one. I PERSONALLY know 3 other friends who have, as well as my dad and brother, and a few people at my work. Don't know a single person who started with Sirius and went to XM.

6. "poor programming" sorry man, look at the comments and opinions here. The programming is why people choose Sirius over XM.

Better music, better sports, better talk show hosts, all in better cars too.

That's programming selection for you.

7. Umm, your list includes all the cars that ALSO offer SIRIUS. :lol:

I was pointing out EXCLUSIVE contracts with each manufacturer.

Ahh, and by the way, a couple months ago when we were looking at the Audi A3 (ended up with a G35) there were 4 on the lot, 3 with sirius and only 1 with XM. The sales guy noted that "most" of the Audi's he sells are installed with Sirius. Sorry again.

8. Howard's numbers are larger. Sorry these O & A fans are pathetic enough that they need to show up to try to "trash" Howard.

Guess that speaks of what kind of people these O & A guys and their listeners are. REALLY, really sad and pathetic.

Oh, and by the way, Howard is doing these "public appearances" because

he's promoting his switch to Sirius. Doesn't take a brain child to figure that one out, sorry I needed to inform you!

Actually, it is Sirius that is claiming the nonactivated cars as subscriptions in their #'s. XM doesn't add the GM subscriptions untill after the 3 month trial period, when/if the person renews for a paying subscription

You didn't read my post correctly.

I stated, as are the facts from XM, that the VAST majority of their listeners/subscribers have come from the exclusive contract they have made with GM and there vehicles. They had a big headstart in getting on the air and such from the huge investment that Clear Channel Communications made with them at start up. This enabled them to get the "largest" automaker to strike an exclusive deal with them and therefore get a huge headstart in

subscribers based on the sheer number of GM cars sold with XM installed.

Both my dad and brother have GM vehicles too. They've had Sirius plug and plays hard wired in instead after hearing my Sirius radio and the superior music and programming selection Sirius offers.

I have Sirius on the 525 and XM on the TL, for some reason if I park my car in my garage the signal on Sirius gets disconnected while the one on the Acura (XM) is still on. Plus I like the programming on XM compared to Sirius.

The imfamous Sirius vs XM thread. People will bash what they don't have! Go to their websites, sign up for a 3 day web trial and decide which you like. Same service, same price, slightly different in terms of their content and variety (which is a personal preference).

Geez....subscriber numbers, tuner size, etc....do those really matter? NO! They are both the freakin same guys! :rolleyes: Pick the one that has the best content for you!

-S

I've had them both. I was an XM subscriber for over a year... until they improve their programming and their sing selection, I will NEVER go back. I found myself listening to regular radio more often than XM - all those channels and nothing good on.

I can also claim Sirius has poor reception... I'm a little disappointed in that. But the music they play is just so much better. I am much, much happier with Sirius.

Another bonus is a free internet account they give you and you can listen to music stream from their website at no extra cost. I don't think XM has that, but I know I never used it when I was an XM subscriber.

Opie and Anthony were Morning radio personalities like Stern. They were the guys who did the Sex For Sam Adams Contest, which got them taken off the air a couple of years ago. It was when a couple got caught having sex in St. Patrick's Cathedral in NYC. They are basically Stern's only competition. Most of the Hard Core Stern Fans are the only ones who are still listening. Everyone else, myself included just got tired of listening to him bitch about the FCC and Clear Channel. He got too big for his own show, and I just Lost all interest in hearing what he had to say. Udes to love him, but I love O&A on XM 202 way better. I am not even sure if he will be able to get his mojo going on Sirius again. But if he does, more power to him. The O&A Army will bring it to him good.

Another bonus is a free internet account they give you and you can listen to music stream from their website at no extra cost. I don't think XM has that, but I know I never used it when I was an XM subscriber.

XM has had that ever since XM Online came out.

Opie and Anthony were Morning radio personalities like Stern. They were the guys who did the Sex For Sam Adams Contest, which got them taken off the air a couple of years ago. It was when a couple got caught having sex in St. Patrick's Cathedral in NYC. They are basically Stern's only competition. Most of the Hard Core Stern Fans are the only ones who are still listening. Everyone else, myself included just got tired of listening to him bitch about the FCC and Clear Channel. He got too big for his own show, and I just Lost all interest in hearing what he had to say. Udes to love him, but I love O&A on XM 202 way better. I am not even sure if he will be able to get his mojo going on Sirius again. But if he does, more power to him. The O&A Army will bring it to him good.

Yay another O&A fan :D

Archived