LegacyGT.com

06 2.5i randomly hits limp mode

So I have a stock 06 legacy 2.5i with the 4eat. Have an intermittent p0172 code (bank 1 too rich), mostly if I am city driving for a few days.

Then it goes into limp mode sometimes, seems like it happens mostly when I'm going uphill and lean into the throttle a but too fast. When it goes into limp mode, I get codes p0113(IAT high voltage), p0172(bank 1 too rich), p2138(pedal/throttle position sensor/switch d/e voltage correlation).

After it goes into limp mode, if I shut the car off, unplug maf, let it start, shut it off, plug it back in, then start again it goes away for some time. After I reconnect the maf and it is running fine again, I have code p0102(maf low input)

After about 5 miles the goes off and all the codes go away.

I'm going to do some runs with the Torque app today to try getting maf voltage, o2 voltage, throttle percentage, and anything else that looks out of the ordinary.

Any ideas what it could be?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

So I cleaned and applied dielectric grease to the contacts for the maf, pedal position sensor, throttle position sensor, and main engine harness connector.

Put 100 miles on it and haven't had issues, even when smashing the gas uphill.

I'll update this thread if it happens again. But it seems to have just been dirty connections.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk