LegacyGT.com

key stuck ignition

I was curious if anyone else has experienced the issue where the key gets stuck in the ignition where it won't rotate past the last click to remove the key. Car starts and drive fine otherwise it just keeps the key sometimes.

I've been dealing with this for a couple months and took it to the dealer where they replaced the shift assembly but issue remains. I've taken it back 3 time where they replaced the shift assembly again but same issue. Then took it back again lol and they didn't experience the issue since It's one of those intermittent issues and they won't bother when they can't experience the issue

It's weird because when it lets you remove the key it works great and doesn't indicate a failing ignition assembly but just sometimes keeps the key. I've tried all kinds of techniques to make sure I'm removing the key correctly but something else is going on.

I was curious if anyone has gone through this or has any tips to try? Im wondering if maybe a ground is causing this but just can't tell

South Main Auto did a two part video with an in depth diagnosis of this and discussed the wiring involved. In that case it was the shift assembly, maybe one of the other items he discusses is your issue.

Part 1

Part 2