LegacyGT.com

Yellow headlights?

CFar

I know that there are Yellow H7 bulbs made by many companies, but has anyone looked into extremely low temp HID bulbs in the 3000k-3500k range for our headlights?

I'm not thinking pure yellow, but something better, than the glare on the road that most HID's can create in foul weather conditions...

Just less blue (yes I know that 4300K is not really all that blue),

but compared to the yellow and Ion bulbs that we are using for our fog lamps,

I just wonder how well it would work, and what possibilities are.

Just a thought...

Gunner out!

I ran 2500k halogen Ion Plasma PIAA bulbs. It's yellow as you want to get and it worked fine for me through all sorts of driving. you can get a 4000k or 4300k (as most people use) and you'll be fine. I use to run HIDs on my WRX but I didnt like the glare I got from 4300k in the fog.. so I ended up wanting yellow headlights to reduce the glare a lot (I have high astigmatism, it sucks).

I stuck with halogen over HID because most of the HID kits dont go lower than 4300k.. and 3000k HID kit isn't that much better for me to justify buying it for a hazy yellow.. but if they ever made a 2500k HID kit I would buy it.

Keefe

then dont focus at looking at yellow lights and keep looking at the road

yeah, ok, what do I have tunnelvision? Like I can't see headlights comin at me in oncoming traffic if I look straight ahead? :confused: That makes no sense

just because we make due with what we got doesnt mean we can't change it for the better, this would explain all the modding that goes on in the car industry, if we can change something to better ourselves without penalty, we'll do it ;)

are you suggesting all cars be equipped with yellow headlights?? Dude, just b/c you like em doesnt mean it's a good idea. Any time I see yellow headlights in oncoming traffic its way distracting. If it's so much better why don't cars already have em?

You're in the big time minority on this one. Besides that they just look ugly they're a major distraction to the other drivers. The difference between this & rubbernecking is the people in the accident didnt intentionally crash & distract the other drivers whereas you're intentionally distracting other drivers by having these lights & then saying "well you shouldn't be looking at me".

I aint gonna argue this no more with you

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

^ my point is that you dont have to keep starring at something that you think is ugly or distracting.

Lexus and Acura does this with their foglights already, just not with their headlights.

And it's also about cost as well, if it was cost effective, every car by now would have ran HIDs.

I dont have to argue with you on this one. Im just stating facts. The fact is that you dont have to stare at an accident and you also dont have to stare at yellow headlights, both are legitiment disstractions to a driver intentional or not, even having changing a radio station or picking up a cell phone while driving. You keep your eyes on the road, where they should be, leave everything else out of it.

Keefe

ahh jeez man. I'm not talkin about staring at headlights. You shouldn't stare at any headlights no matter what color (obviously). I'm sayin when they're glaring at you from oncoming traffic it's distracting. Go ahead & make yours yellow. I don't care. Make the whole car yellow lights for all I care.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

I have yellow fog lights.

I just like the way it looks I don't care about other people.

I have yellow fogs too. Those aren't distracting to other drivers like full-on yellow headlights glaring at you.

:lol: I thought you were taliking about Fog lights

:stupid:

:lol: :lol: nah man, yellow fogs are alright. They don't bother anyone. We're talkin about yellow ricer headlights here that are somewhat better for you in bad weather but much much worse for everyone else

I dont see it as a glare when it comes to looking at the color of the lights.. it's more so of the headlight itself.. some people have their headlights aimed soo high up that it's not just blinding, but utterly annoying when people dont even know they have their high beams on.. that's the gripe that I have.
Keefe

Archived