LegacyGT.com

Oil leak. Right rear of engine...

annoyed. checked oil and it was low. Added a quart and couple days later the level went down to 1/2 between marks on dipstik. upon inspection oil is leaking from passenger side of engine about half way up. leaking down covering the right driveshaft in oil and the exhaust manifold, which would be the burning smell i had noticed. taking it in on wednesday. never had this issue until they replaced rear main seal and cvt gasket due to cvt leaking transmission fluid. i believe transmission fluid is leaking as well. i'm just annoyed. any insight or anyone experience somethimg similar? i wish the cvt had a disptik. argh.:mad::mad:

annoyed. checked oil and it was low. Added a quart and couple days later the level went down to 1/2 between marks on dipstik. upon inspection oil is leaking from passenger side of engine about half way up. leaking down covering the right driveshaft in oil and the exhaust manifold, which would be the burning smell i had noticed. taking it in on wednesday. never had this issue until they replaced rear main seal and cvt gasket due to cvt leaking transmission fluid. i believe transmission fluid is leaking as well. i'm just annoyed. any insight or anyone experience somethimg similar? i wish the cvt had a disptik. argh.:mad::mad:
Maybe a Valve cover gasket, but definitely have the dealer check there work.. You should have 12 months unlimited mileage warranty on there service.. I had my transmission replaced because of the recall and I have the dealer check it every time I come in for my oil change.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Maybe a Valve cover gasket, but definitely have the dealer check there work.. You should have 12 months unlimited mileage warranty on there service.. I had my transmission replaced because of the recall and I have the dealer check it every time I come in for my oil change.

Hey, grnlantern, I'm actually having my transmission replaced as well. Is there anything I should be watching out for when they're replacing it? Does it drive normal after replacement?

I've just hit 131k on my car So that's about 37k Miles on the New Transmission.. As of now its Driving fine and when I have my dealer change my oil I have them check the transmission for any signs if leaking..