LegacyGT.com

Wtb: 2005-2007 biu #88281ag10a

axisofevol

Looking for a fully functioning replacement BIU part #88281AG10A (the one with the immobilizer functionality) from 2005-2007 Legacy models with turbo 2.5 or the 3.0L (OBXT & LL Beans and I think some other models had this particular part # as well). I have a buyer for my 2005 3.0L OBW but he wants the BIU replaced to fix the interior lights before he buys it. If you have one and can ship it to me ASAP, I'd like to buy it. I think it will fit in a USPS Priority Mail small box, and I have an appointment at the dealership to get it installed and programmed into the security system on Thursday this week (though I could push that back somewhat, if I have to), so that's the reason for needing it quickly.

• 1 month later...

follow up on this: I learned from the dealership's experience with this that you can't re-use a BIU, or at least not one from model that has an immobilizer. Something to do with the encryption and the connection to the ECU. Once it has been tied to an ECU, it can't be tied to a different one. So I ended up having to buy a brand new one, which cost $320. Carr Subaru in Portland gave me a great deal on the whole job, in general and they price-matched the cost of the BIU from one I found online from another dealership.

So word to the wise: if you need to replace your BIU, you have buy a new one.