LegacyGT.com

Is a 05 wrx Sport seat swapable with an 05 Legacy?

Hello Im new here, and thinking about buying a legacy. This is a double post from the Interior section. Im sorry about the double post, but I want to pull the trigger this weekend and need some help fast! I just test drove the 05 Leagcy GT lim. Great car! but I have a deal breaker... the factory seats. With the lumbar support actually causes pain after 15-20 min. No matter what position the Lumbar is in. However I sat in a Wrx Sport seat (I asssume the same as the Sti) and Halll-E-lua! it feel great. I too want to know if I can get a wrx Sport seat to fit into a Legacy GT lim. ..oh and I want it to have the SRS air bag, matching cleather, and 6 way power. ya know not like im pickey thanks cheers chad

If you are just talking about the front seats, I don't know if they fit, but as to your other concerns: WRX seats don't have leather, but STi seats do have fake suede inserts. Neither of them have power adjustments. Both have the SRS air bag.

I'm interested in this too because the seats in the Legacy GT base I am planning to buy don't have enough thigh support for my taste, unlike the WRX seats which are fantastic. Please oh please let them be interchangeable! -Nick

[quote name='SC GT']If you are just talking about the front seats, I don't know if they fit, but as to your other concerns:[/quote] yep Im refering to the front seats. [quote] WRX seats don't have leather, but STi seats do have fake suede inserts. Neither of them have power adjustments. Both have the SRS air bag.[/quote] baH Leather Schmether. I live in Arizona and hot leather burns. Id prefer cloth. Id be willing to loose power adjustments to get a comphy seat. Good to know that it has SRS air bag. Hmmm I wonder if the wireing plug is different and/or the PCM would understand the new unit. Now Ill have to look up the bolt patterns. thanks SC GT for your help

Here's one more hitch: If you switch, you might lose seat heaters. (However, living in Arizona, that might not be that big of a loss to you.) STis don't have the seat heater option. Only '05 WRX's have it as an option. '04 and earlier do not.

Archived