LegacyGT.com

Trunk Lid Spring

Just noticed this today while in the trunk... the two twisted, bent rods that span the inside of the roof of the trunk. What are they? Some kind of spring mechanisms for the trunk lid maybe?

Last time I loaded my trunk I think I bumped one, and the plastic connector piece that holds the two together in the middle had come unsnapped. There is also a bracket with a groove in it that it appears one of the rods should sit in. I tried to snap the piece back on and sit one of the rods in the groove, but now i can hear a pop sound when i close the trunk as the rod moves in and out of the groove. Anyone have a pic of what it should look like? Its not a big deal, just a little annoying. I've attached pics of what mine looks like now, but I think its a little messed up.

Thanks!

Trunk1.jpg.7f4b7bf1ff6d4b15cd45cb9b7cc79e5f.jpg

Trunk2.jpg.8fab77419ec41615ad1066a89fe30424.jpg

i think thats part of the safety release incase you have to open it from the inside of the trunk, and from the driver side floor.

i keep the driver side lever locked, been way to many times that ive gotten into the car to find out that the trunk has been open the whole day/night. theres been a couple of times that i would only notice the trunk being open when i was allrdy on the road.

Work hard. Play even harder.

My Garage

• 8 years later...

Archived