LegacyGT.com

Rear washer fluid hose route

Can anyone tell me or show me a schematic where the rear washer fluid hose runs for a 97 legacy wagon? I filled up the reservoir the other day, and now it's almost empty and the driver's side footwell (front and rear) is totally soaked with that gallon of fluid. I know it's not water based on the smell, and the car has never leaked. I'm thinking of just cutting and plugging the hose right after the reservoir rear pump. But I'd like to figure out where it's coming from and see if there is a better fix.

I believe it goes into the upper front fender rail, then through to the interior below the A pillar, then down and along the inside of the door sill and back through the quarter.

I would describe it as not practical to replace.

There is a pdf of the factory service manual floating around. I'm describing from memory of disassembling my parts car.

• 1 month later...
Can anyone tell me or show me a schematic where the rear washer fluid hose runs for a 97 legacy wagon? I filled up the reservoir the other day, and now it's almost empty and the driver's side footwell (front and rear) is totally soaked with that gallon of fluid. I know it's not water based on the smell, and the car has never leaked. I'm thinking of just cutting and plugging the hose right after the reservoir rear pump. But I'd like to figure out where it's coming from and see if there is a better fix.

The only fix is to replace. I know for sure the body harness runs down the side, but not sure about the tubing. They typically run through a fender though.

You're in luck though. If you're replacing it you can run it wherever it's easiest to make it fit and be protected from chaffing on metal or plastic. Adhesive foam is what OEMs use to protect from chaffing