LegacyGT.com

Looking for engine to chassis ground 2016 2.5l

I think I found them the two braided cables coming off both cylinder heads. Not exactly sure though, Any help would be much appreciated.

Currently doing my big three upgrade and already did battery to chassis and charging wire.

If these two braided cables are the ones I need to upgrade what type of wire should I use?

I used 1/0 gauge for both the charging cable and battery.

Edited by Radmandan2

Not a problem, but a precaution as I’m putting in a 320 amp alternator. I’m installing the alternator for some audio equipment. The 320 was on sale so I bought it.

Yes those 2 braided wire is engine to chassis ground,and you should be fine using the same wires you use battery - to chassis

• 2 months later...
I think I found them the two braided cables coming off both cylinder heads. Not exactly sure though, Any help would be much appreciated.

Currently doing my big three upgrade and already did battery to chassis and charging wire.

If these two braided cables are the ones I need to upgrade what type of wire should I use?

I used 1/0 gauge for both the charging cable and battery.

Question for you would you mind taking some pics of the wire you ran from the alternator. I’ve done the other runs including an extra ground on the left of the engine but not quite sure how to install the ring for my wire in the alternator with the cap being able to close with out cutting it and I really don’t want it exposed. Side question where did you get your alternator? Do you happen to have the model # for it?

—————————————————

HPS intake, SSD Front Strut bar, Cusco Rear Strut Bar, Voxx 18” rims,

More to come...