LegacyGT.com

Er HC???

Yebbey

There is a TSB out for that..lemme find and link it...

Edit: Found it but it looks like it's for "Er Sp" not "Er Hc"

Error code "Er SP" display in the odometer/trip meter Service Bulletin #08-36-05

Pages: 4

Bulletin Description: 2005~06MY Legacy and Outback models not equipped with TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) have the TPMS wiring harness and R211 connector, even though those vehicles are not equipped with TPMS. The wiring harness and connector is located on the driver's side, under the floor mat. If the connector comes in contact with moisture and corrosion forms, the BIU (Body Integrated Unit) may judge a speed pulse malfunction, in turn displaying error code "Er SP". To correct this condition refer to the repair procedure listed

I keed I keeed

^ This is a possibility.

Also, to note, that's "Er.HC" is the CAN BUS communication error code.

----

Not sure if this will apply to you at all, but here's a story for you:

A friend and fellow LGT brother here recently saw this code on his vehicle.

His first encounter with this code took place, if I remember correctly, in the form of a stalling situation. He was able to re-start the car immediately after the stall, however. This continued for several repeats until he had trouble starting the vehicle at all, and even after he was finally able to start the vehicle, it would "die rolling."

It was at this time, also, that he received what appeared to be somewhat inconsistent and incorrect CELs and gauge-cluster errors (the latter was a false high-spike in his temp. gauge).

The dealership could not trace down what was wrong with his vehicle after a week's worth of diagnostics, and a tech from SoA was flown out to troubleshoot, whereupon it was discovered that he had a (freak) ignition relay failure.

Best of luck!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived