LegacyGT.com

Is this class action a scam?

I was just about to ask the same thing. IMHO there should be a class action over the terrible HK (Samsung) HUs in our cars. Actually, I'd say Subaru should be required to provide an all-new unit to all of us, but I doubt it would be any better, judging from the complaints about the Ascent. Edited by ncted

2017 Here. Never had one issue with my HK head unit. :iam:

The 2018 Legacies got a new HK unit with CarPlay and Android Auto, and it is buggy as crap. It has many advertised features that have never arrived, like updates via wi-fi, and it likes to freeze. I honestly don't see how the auto industry hasn't standardized on some Android platform which allows them to all put their own skin/apps on it. Whatever my 2018 HK unit is running is worse than some senior projects I've seen from computer science majors.

The 2018 Legacies got a new HK unit with CarPlay and Android Auto, and it is buggy as crap. It has many advertised features that have never arrived, like updates via wi-fi, and it likes to freeze. I honestly don't see how the auto industry hasn't standardized on some Android platform which allows them to all put their own skin/apps on it. Whatever my 2018 HK unit is running is worse than some senior projects I've seen from computer science majors.

Ah that makes sense. Forgot about the CarPlay update. I always wondered what I was missing by not having the 2018 model. Now I know. Buggy radio.

---

I’m part of the class action ...

Are you among the plaintiffs, or are you part of the legal team?

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 8 months later...
Got the same thing but didn't pay attention to it. For some reason, I didn't take it seriously, but I will take a look to see what other feedback can I find on this topic. After I got scammed a few times, I try to read as much as I can about scams because I need to be informed, and don't fall for this again ... Either way, it's a scam or not, I don't need it, so I have one less problem. Edited by ammcinnis
Removed spamlike embedded link