LegacyGT.com

Fog Lights

Hey folks,

Happy new year!

Quick question. I’ve searched through the forum as well as a few other sources and I keep encountering conflicting information as to what bulb I am supposed to use in my fog lights. My vehicle is a 2015 Legacy w/o the steering responsive fog lights. Again, NO srf just standard fog lights. Anyway, I have seen a few people say that I should use H11 while others say it should be H16 or H16(type 2) the latter of which I cannot find. I come seeking advice not because I’m trying to mod the fog lights but instead to replace the bulbs that are for some reason not even there! When I got the car (used, obviously) I discovered there were no bulbs in the fog lights!? I am curious though if it is worth dropping in some LED bulbs over stock halogens. Most likely will go halogen as to not blind people, just uncertain as to which bulb to actually buy. I appreciate your guidance with this issue!

... I have seen a few people say that I should use H11 while others say it should be H16 or H16(type 2) ...

No need to speculate. From the 2015 Legacy/Outback Owners Manual, page 12-16:

• Legacy, without SRF = H16 (12v/19W)
  • Legacy, with SRF = H11 (12V/55W)
  • Outback (all models) = H11 (12V/55W)

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Hi, in the future for any car if you have any questions about what bulb you need you can always go to:

https://www.sylvania-automotive.com/apps/vlrg-us/Vlrg/

If I was you I would convert all to led, since you are already replacing fog light bulbs and they are the hardest to replace from all because you have to go under the car, so just look for whatever LED is equivalent to whatever results you get for bulb size. 6000K is nice color

You can download Owners Manuals (free) from your MySubaru account or from the Subaru Technical Information System (STIS) web site.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

You can also download original factory repair manual [from eBay] for $14 in pdf form it is 7400 pages

Why do business with a pirate when you can download a legal copy of the FSM, and a whole lot more, from STIS for $35?

spacer.png

Why do business with a pirate when you can download a legal copy of the FSM, and a whole lot more, from STIS for $35?

I tried to go and see if I can download it but it is not giving me option to download only to pay subscription to see information. If that is $35 per month that is expensive then.

do you have a link where I can go and get the download?

thank you in advance!