LegacyGT.com

Bluetooth artist display

Noticed an odd bug in the Bluetooth display of the Artist picture.

Works fine when we're stopped. As soon as we start moving, the artist picture is replaced with a generic placeholder. Next stoplight, the Artist picture appears again. Then when we move again, it disappears again.

I've emailed Subaru in hopes of adding to their list of fixes. Should be an easy one.

• 2 weeks later...

My contact at the dealer told me the same.

What is the point of having the art if it is off the majority of the time you are in the car? It is more distracting seeing it go on and off every stop and go.

Why do they have to overthink stuff like this?

Yeah, I had contacted SOA and was told the same. Agree with your point, a totally asinine UX design choice.

You're driving in heavy traffic 10 minutes into your drive, time to turn down the seat warmers, and it's perfectly safe to go through some touch screens to achieve that.

But showing the picture of a musician instead of a generic icon is somehow too dangerous when the car is moving.

Really???

P.S. Despite some inexplicable engineering choices in the infotainment software -- I really do love my Legacy Touring XT and even like the infotainment system as a whole...

I have the Legacy XT and I love it as well. Just a couple of very annoying things that would be easy to fix. I am getting used to the start/stop now that i know how to trick it. I would choose to disable the album art all together rather than the nonsense off and on.