LegacyGT.com

All my warranty work is finally done!

laz

*knock on wood*

Since I got the car 2 1/2 months ago I had a few warranty issues that needed to be addressed.

First it was the windshield being distorded. They fixed that and replaced it with a new one. Of course they messed up the passenger side A-pillar cover in the inside and they had to order me a new one. Then the windshield moulding got distorted, they replaced it and it looks good so far. I also had the radio trim come loose, they just popped it back in, and even though it is not the best fitting piece it is still hlding up. In between this work I hit 3K miles and had them do an oil change (First is free). At the same time my rotors got warped so they scheduled me for resurfacing. After the oil change I noticed it was overfilled. I went in yesterday for resurfacing and explained that the oil was overfilled. When I came back they had resurfaced the brakes, drained and filled the oil again, and gave me two free oil changes for their error. Luckily I was only riding on the overfilled oil for a week.

All the work has been done no questions asked.

So this is a list of stuff done so far:

1. Windshield replacement.

2. A-pillar inside cover (thier fault).

3. Windhsield moulding replacement.

4. Radio bezel adjustment.

5. Resurfacing of brakes.

6. Drain overfilled oil and replace.

Hopefully I won't have to see them again until I hit 6K miles and take advantage of my free oil change(s). In all Port Subaru's (Roslyn, LI) service department has been very helpful, and in every instance they did the work in one day. I give them 4 out of 5 just because the tech messed up with the oil filling, but the service advisors and the service manager are very nice.

Liz and Dan are the service advisors. Liz is a sweetheart and Dan is a big Subaru fan. Ken is the service manager and he is really nice as well. They all complimented me on my white LGT.

X

---

What? No ECU reflash? As long as they are doing warranty work you should have them do that too. It doesn't fix the problem, but at least you can rule it out when they tell you that they have an easy fix for it when it comes back.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived