LegacyGT.com

Legacy Lift - Outback Springs?

Intro - I've got a 16 Legacy with stock springs and KYBs at 75k~ miles and I'm interested in lifting it. I've previously owned two foresters 00 and 06, and the suspension on the Legacy just isn't doing it for me. It seems bouncy and wheel hoppy on small bumps and bottoms out easily on any sort of even minor bump. I'm interested in lifting it to achieve a more typically Subaru like ride, i.e. stiffer and taller. I'm aware of the lift spacers available but the fact that I am currently dissatisfied with the suspension I'm not that keen on just putting spacers on top of it. I've ridden in a few outbacks and they don't seem to suffer these issues. Has anyone here done the Outback to Legacy struts springs swap? If so what the difference between the two setups? I know the outback struts are longer and have different knuckles. Whats the difference between the springs?

I am also aware there are some stock ride height rally springs available for the legacy. Just nothing at stock ride height for the front. Can outback springs or say Lowering Outback springs be used to achieve an approximate stock ride height on the legacy?

Thanks in Advance.

When you say engine mounts are you referring to the sub-frame spacers/bushings? I'm also curious about the difference in the springs if anyone knows,

no, the front mount

assuming 2.5l

here is a thread about it

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/lifted-legacyi-263082.html

https://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2016_Outback-25L-CVT-Base/_54102_6464105/ENGINE-MOUNTING-FRONT/B15-410-02.html

Edited by YeuEmMaiMai

Intro - I've got a 16 Legacy with stock springs and KYBs at 75k~ miles and I'm interested in lifting it. I've previously owned two foresters 00 and 06, and the suspension on the Legacy just isn't doing it for me. It seems bouncy and wheel hoppy on small bumps and bottoms out easily on any sort of even minor bump. I'm interested in lifting it to achieve a more typically Subaru like ride, i.e. stiffer and taller. I'm aware of the lift spacers available but the fact that I am currently dissatisfied with the suspension I'm not that keen on just putting spacers on top of it. I've ridden in a few outbacks and they don't seem to suffer these issues. Has anyone here done the Outback to Legacy struts springs swap? If so what the difference between the two setups? I know the outback struts are longer and have different knuckles. Whats the difference between the springs?

I am also aware there are some stock ride height rally springs available for the legacy. Just nothing at stock ride height for the front. Can outback springs or say Lowering Outback springs be used to achieve an approximate stock ride height on the legacy?

Thanks in Advance.

You might as well do the Complete Shock n Spring Change.. The Outback Shocks most likely have a different dampening rate.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk