LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT Wagon or Lowered OBXT? Choices!

Someone finally put a deposit on the old 300zx tt I've been selling so that means I can finally get myself back into an lgt wagon. Time to make a move on the legacies I've been looking at! :D

There are 2 options I'm looking at seriously. Please help me make sure I don't miss anything.

There's a very low km black 05 5spd Ltd wagon 2 provinces over with 88k miles (American car) that had an engine rebuild for a bad turbo 2000kms ago. Paint is excellent but the interior is tan and I really want black so I'd probably be swapping it out. I think I might also swap the cluster to a Canadian one. Comes with turbo-back exhaust, waiting to hear if it was running a tune. I need to ask about the banjo filters to make sure I'm not rebuilding it again. Clean carfax.

Second option is a 195km black OBXT 5mt limited with a recent engine rebuild and lots of maintenance done with a tune at a reputable shop. Nice black interior and body is in ok condition, little bit of rust on the driver's door. Good compression and leakdown tests. This one is driving distance away.

Both are priced about equal and a little higher than I'd like at about 9500/10k cad but I'm willing to pay a bit of a premium if I'm getting what I want. I'm probably going to drive up and checkout the obxt but I'd have to fly out to the wagon. My intent with the obxt would be to lower it to slightly under legacy height. Anything to pay particular attention to or questions to ask on either so I don't screw myself?

Tough choice to make. My 2 cents - looks like cars are mechanically about equal, check for body condition, and the interior is important. Your choice is really between either swapping the interior on LGT or lowering the OBXT. Pick your poison.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Well if you want lower than legacy height, you'll be lowering either. And I imagine suspension would be the easier way to go unless you're happy with stock lgt suspension and don't plan to upgrade it.

Sounds like the obxt is better mechanically. Or at least they already have the info to show you what you'd want. Leakdown and compression that is. I'd ask on either what all was done and why. I'm rebuilding my engine right now but also replacing a bunch of unneeded stuff. Group n mounts on engine and transmission, Shifter bushings, Extra seals, tgv deletes, clutch and flywheel. A lot of stuff I could likely get away with not.

Also what year obxt? Did the 05lgt still have the catted up pipe? I have awkwardly short arms so the 08/09 extending steering wheel was a desire for me. What about radio? Do they have the jdm swap? Do you care? An 08/09 with an aux port was enough for me to wait on that.

Also let me tell you. Having a car die a plane flight away from home in the middle of nowhere needing a trailer is both expensive and frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if you want lower than legacy height, you'll be lowering either. And I imagine suspension would be the easier way to go unless you're happy with stock lgt suspension and don't plan to upgrade it.

Sounds like the obxt is better mechanically. Or at least they already have the info to show you what you'd want. Leakdown and compression that is. I'd ask on either what all was done and why. I'm rebuilding my engine right now but also replacing a bunch of unneeded stuff. Group n mounts on engine and transmission, Shifter bushings, Extra seals, tgv deletes, clutch and flywheel. A lot of stuff I could likely get away with not.

Also what year obxt? Did the 05lgt still have the catted up pipe? I have awkwardly short arms so the 08/09 extending steering wheel was a desire for me. What about radio? Do they have the jdm swap? Do you care? An 08/09 with an aux port was enough for me to wait on that.

Also let me tell you. Having a car die a plane flight away from home in the middle of nowhere needing a trailer is both expensive and frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha yes that was the fate of my beloved 05 white lgt 5spd ltd wagon.. died too far away from home in the middle of nowhere and I couldn't get back to it for a few months because I was on a work course... :(

So turns out the wagon has a gimmspeed up and downpipe with an hks high-power exhaust + some kind of lowered suspension already but I haven't been able to get the info on that yet. I think I could live with the MPH cluster. The outback has an invidia catless DP with stock exhaust and group N engine mounts and some other reliability stuff as well. Both interiors are completely stock with no audio upgrades or anything. I'm planning to visit the OBXT next weekend but I think chances are high I'm going to buy that black wagon if it's still around by the end of the month (soonest I can get out there). Will post pics