LegacyGT.com

What is the right tuner for my 03 legacy wagon gt (3rd gen)?

I just got my 03 legacy gt wagon from japan and it's all stock, i've watched videos on youtube with their wagon's and seemed no Cobb Accessport are being use.. is there any tuner for these legacy's or i'll have to go through old school, (gauges,pro-tune? Dyno tune maybe?)

Also is there any other subaru engine parts that will fit to my engine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
Have been digging for info in this for about a year now... just joined the forum because I'm still having to dig... Adriel_medalla DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON A COBB ACCESSPORT WITHOUT READING THIS!!! COBB does not support our ECU...

Please, SOS. I am searching for an expert/ wealth of knowledge on the Subaru tuning, particularly the 2003 Subaru Legacy GT factory EJ251 with 5MT. I have been scouring left and right across yee old inter-web, and have tried several approaches to no avail....

so back story I bought this car on a deal about a year ago, had big plans... made the mistake?? of buying a replacement EJ251 (original engine was yanked and sold, as last owner grenaded the trans) then began the quest of literally replacing everything on the car... from the engine to the trans, wheel bearings, brakes, driveshafts, CVs, the whole 9 yards.....

I built the motor slightly, some simple add-ons, bigger injectors, fuel pump, TD05-G turbo kit. I re-did the head gaskets, added head shims to lower compression for the turbski add-on, replaced water pump, timing belt, idlers the works. **no internals, heads, or block changes***** had to replace the oil pan due to damage and the k member to accept the turbski…

so in search for tuning support.... I reached out to Cobb, red line, ect. every major tuning / support company in the country, and no one supported the 03 ecm… why? I'm not sure. they all support 04-05, but not 03.

began to dig into open source tuning, bought a tactrix cable. ECUFlash and RomRaider deluxe. ECUFlash doesn't support it either. RomRaider support forums list an 03 JDM Ecu as a 16 bit ECU, which they do support. Keyword, JDM. not USDM...…

Has anyone, please.... lol found and interface capable of communicating with these ECUs?