LegacyGT.com

ACC Issue - Fans not blowing

Brady

Couldn't find a similar issue in search, wondering if anyone else has encountered this.

On my way to work this morning, it was about in the mid 20's out. I left and turned the ACC to auto, about 73 degrees, both sides. After about 2-3 miles, I noticed that it didn't seem to be blowing the fans at all.

Here's the weird part, the ACC display appeared to work totally normally and the Fan speed indicator showed that it was blowing full blast (6 bars) but no air movement. I turned the ACC off and back on auto, still nothing. Tried adjusting the fan speed manually, still no dice. So finally I turned the unit off again for a minute, then back on and it worked for about 15 seconds with the fans blowing, then cut out again, and then started blowing about 5 seconds later, then eventually cut out again. Finally, I reluctantly shut off the car and restarted and the unit FINALLY worked properly.

This sounds like a separate issue from the face plate not working properly since the display always worked perfectly, and since the display indicated that everything was blowing exactly the way it SHOULD have been at the time. It seems like this is an issue of either the fans themselves, or the controller unit under the dash (behind glove box?).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Brady

C-hunter, try reading my post and you'll see that it wasn't an issue of it not being warm, but an issue of the fans not blowing. The car was at standard running temp. It had been at standard temp for about 2 minutes before I realized it wasn't working. If I adjust the fan speed manually, it shouldn't matter what the temperature is ... it should blow.

Well, so far it has not recurred. So hopefully, as many other odd issues, this was just a one time thing. I need to get into the dealership soon anyway, so I'll report the issue to that if it does come back, I have record of the issue starting early on.

Archived