LegacyGT.com

Perimeter Security Upgrade?

Is the security upgrade for the perimeter alarm worth the cost? I have always had aftermarket alarms on my cars, but I heard with the newer cars it is getting harder and harder to add aftermarket alarms to them (VW comes to mind). I also don't want 2 key fobs to deal with. Any thoughts on this? Would an aftermarket alarm be better?

I have the upgraded security, but that's only because the car had the package that comes with the dimming mirror and security upgrade. I believe the difference is that the upgraded package will set the alarm off if windows are broken, where the stock alarm will only go off if a door is opened.

I have the same option with the auto-dimming mirror and the upgraded security. Euclid your belief is wrong. The regular security is just a mere auto locking door, that honks if you open the door. The upgraded security is a total ignition kill. There is also a shock sensor that can be added to that. My opinion. yeah there are better alarms out there. But, the prices are as high as $600. For the mere price for a factory installed and warrantied alarm that does have ignition kill is well worth it. If someone wants to break in a steal your car, he/she is going to do it. This just makes it harder to do.

Archived