LegacyGT.com

Hoods and body kits

Curious if there is anybody out there that makes widebody kits for our 5th gens. I saw a few threads rumoring it but never saw the outcome. Also, because our hood scoop is so small and doesn’t flow enough air to the tmic, has anybody swapped out hoods or scoops? I think it would be sweet to put a newer Sti scoop to benefit more from upgrading to bigger top mount rather than having to go to FMIC. What do y’all think?

Widebody kits...have not really seen much, a few custom cars here and there but I dont recall a kit hitting the market.

A few Japanese companies make bigger scoops, Corazon is one I remember offhand. They do tend to be limited in actual opening size because of the shape of the hood though. A tuner who sees a lot of these commented they did not add power on the dyno when he was tuning cars with and without the bigger scoops, but then again I remember comments that their benefit is getting the IC cooler faster in actual road conditions.

15-up WRX scoop would be cool, you'd be the first i think!

But there's no comparison to a front mount really. Better to spend your money there than on a hood scoop that you'll never get as efficient as a front mount no matter what you do.

Not many options for snails either lol! I think it's basically BNR, i think I saw a Kinugawa once slmewhere too. Unless you want to fab a J-pipe with a different flange and an oil pan for the turbo.

With the best top mounts for our cars being so expensive, its not so bad a leap to a front mount I think.

True, hardly any dedicated stuff, but thankfully a lot of stuff carries over from the various Subaru platforms.

Check out the stickies up top, lots of good info there on parts and tuning, and you can get ideas from the build section too.

There are no existing widebody kits for 5th gens. There are three existing aftermarket hood scoops: Corazon, K2Gear, and Cyber R. There are no aftermarket hoods for the USDM 5th gen, while the JDM models can find some carbon hoods through various methods of search. USDM and JDM hoods are not the same and are not interchangeable without a costly full front end conversion, though the aforementioned hood scoop additions are 99% the same fit between the two, so they will work on USDM hoods.