LegacyGT.com

Own an 05' 3.0R, considering a slightly newer Legacy

ZedX

Hey LegacyGT team,

I currently own a 2005 JDM 3.0r Legacy Sedan. It has hit about 215k km (133k miles) on the odometer, and while I've had no engine troubles, or any major issues, I think now may be the time to move on to a newer Legacy.

The fifth generation and more recent Legacys don't do it for me. They all seem a lot bigger, the back of the fifth is ugly (the car reminds me of a Camry or something, to be honest), and 4th gen just felt right in every way. Comfortable, the right size, good power, and great daily driver (with a splash of sports). From research I've noticed the newer ones put out similar power, however they are larger. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm thinking of getting a 3.0 08' or 09' Legacy. I've owned my 05' for 4 years, so getting a new one (pretty much four years newer) with lower miles could almost be a "reset". I get a newer Legacy with less mileage that is so similar to my older one.

What are your thoughts on this, and anything I should look out for? Am I missing something with the newer models?

Thank you!

Personally I'm waiting to grab a left over 2019 3.6r Legacy once the 2020 models start selling. They are larger and roomier than my 2009 but I could use the extra room. My 2009 is okay but I'm ready for a newer model. My head gaskets need looking into and I think I would rather move on than pay for that maintenance. I now have over 98K on the car.

Hey LegacyGT team,

I currently own a 2005 JDM 3.0r Legacy Sedan. It has hit about 215k km (133k miles) on the odometer, and while I've had no engine troubles, or any major issues, I think now may be the time to move on to a newer Legacy.

The fifth generation and more recent Legacys don't do it for me. They all seem a lot bigger, the back of the fifth is ugly (the car reminds me of a Camry or something, to be honest), and 4th gen just felt right in every way. Comfortable, the right size, good power, and great daily driver (with a splash of sports). From research I've noticed the newer ones put out similar power, however they are larger. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm thinking of getting a 3.0 08' or 09' Legacy. I've owned my 05' for 4 years, so getting a new one (pretty much four years newer) with lower miles could almost be a "reset". I get a newer Legacy with less mileage that is so similar to my older one.

What are your thoughts on this, and anything I should look out for? Am I missing something with the newer models?

Thank you!

I have been going through the same process in my head except I have an 08 3.0R with your mileage. I love the car but but you should still be considering the maintenance that would be needed even a car that's a few years newer. I would suggest if you could swing it to get something a little newer.