LegacyGT.com

EZ36 header on EZ30

Did you get the headers? Fitted and tuned? Are they the Raptor headers?

Was watching a youtube vid last night about 3.0 engine, they said this engine pings a lot, mostly because of the poor factory exhaust manifold design. My car pings heaps too, as confirmed by BtSsm, so I'm looking for a set of headers.

Alright sweet.

No I haven’t bought the headers yet. Raptor said they’re getting EZ30 stock this week. The ones in the eBay link are abit cheaper, but are for the EZ36. I was just interested if they’d fit.

I’ll probably get a tune soon if I fit them. Might also look at a full exhaust system too if you guys have any opinions on a brand?

The reason why I’m getting them is because of that exact reason - the factory ones are too restrictive.

I’m currently running 98. The car has 153k kms on it

Edited by AngyH6

98 should certainly curb any pinging from too little octane. I run 93 E10 or 87 E0, both seem to work equally well. But that's on the restrictive USDM tuning. 93 is the highest we get here locally on the East Coast. It was 91 E10 at best, on the West Coast.

Are you planning to remove the cats as well?

Edited by SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I saw the same video, Australian guy IIRC.

Also, that guy in Barbados that did the tuning seems to be gone now? He was the de-facto tuner for the NAs

The Australian dude was Turbo Yoda and the video was from their Skid Factory chanel on YouTube about the H6 engines.

The tuner you're talking about was using the name XRT tuning I think.

I saw the same video, Australian guy IIRC.

Also, that guy in Barbados that did the tuning seems to be gone now? He was the de-facto tuner for the NAs

His last post on his own forum was July 20, so only last month. I tried to register there, but it asks "what Subaru model is the fastest?" I tried "Legacy", "Impreze", and "WRX" but all failed so I dunno?

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/index.php

Edited by BMCracer

• 3 weeks later...

I believe the flange on the 3.6 is different. I'm planning to get Raptor headers as soon as they're back in stock. I hope their prices are still reasonable. They have $399AUD listed on their website which is very cheap in USD at the moment. I'm sure shipping will be a lot though.

Since Raptor makes a 3.0 and 3.6 version I'm assuming there really is a difference.