LegacyGT.com

BH5 Vs BE5 - Parts Interchangeability

Hey guys, I recently purchased a Subaru Legacy Wagon with the 5 speed. Got it for cheap $200. The catch is that it was involved in a front accident which snapped the timing belt. I replaced the belt and everything is running fine now and no problems. Found a shell with a good frame for $375. Was just wondering how many parts are interchangeable. My idea is just to swap the engine and trans and diff and axles into that and get me a decent vehicle.

Things that I know are interchangeable.

• Engine
  • Trans
  • Front seats
  • All pieces like dash and small interior pieces in the front
  • ECU (Should be same)
  • Doors
  • Hood
  • Lights
  • Bumper

Things I can't figure out

• Rear End (Diff And Driveshaft)
  • Exaust
  • And rear backseats (Got the wagon ones so not sure if they're the same)

If you have any clue about parts interchangeability about BH5 and BE5 please let me know. Pretty much my goal is to swap every part from a BH5 to a BE5. If anyone knows anything about it or can help me I appreciate me. Thanks!

Drive shafts are different between auto and manual, Final drives are different between some Base model legacies and outbacks 3.90 4.11 or 4.44

Wagon mufflers have longer tips

Rear seats for a wagon have a latched point which sedans do not have

• 2 weeks later...
Alrighty, forgot to mention it's a JDM version. So pretty much rather than the seats and doors in the rear. Everything I can swap. Will be swapping all my wagon stuff into a sedan if everything lines up. Anything else?

Alrighty, forgot to mention it's a JDM version. So pretty much rather than the seats and doors in the rear. Everything I can swap. Will be swapping all my wagon stuff into a sedan if everything lines up. Anything else?

JDM ecu "might" be different.

I wonder if such are tuned to run on something like 91 octane vs. 87 octane.

and JDMs did not have EGR as far as I know.

whereas north american spec 2003-2004 EJ251s did. (don't know what year your shell is)