LegacyGT.com

Changing exhaust on 2016 Legacy

Hello,

So I've had my 2016 Legacy 2.5i for quite sometime now and I was looking into changing the exhaust because I want to enjoy a more full sound. Does anyone have any experience installing a new exhaust system on a 2016 and could share insight? or a video? or do you recommend I don't DIY it and bring it into a shop?

I saw a video with a legacy with this exhaust.

https://shop.namelessperformance.com/2015-legacy-2-5i-axleback-exhaust/

If anyone has any experience with this, input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Ten

An axle-back is easiest, and probably most cost effective. I no longer have my 2015 2.5, but when I did, I had a muffler shop make a custom "dual" exhaust with muffler deletes, and I got a lot of compliments on the sound as well as the look. YouTube some sound clips and have fun!

An axle-back is easiest, and probably most cost effective. I no longer have my 2015 2.5, but when I did, I had a muffler shop make a custom "dual" exhaust with muffler deletes, and I got a lot of compliments on the sound as well as the look. YouTube some sound clips and have fun!

Awesome! Do you recommend the muffler delete or 5" muffler? I saw that the axle-back just had bolts, so it's just simply a bolt switch on the car? I want something that is easily revertible when (or if I even do) sell the car, and the next owner wants it stock.

Awesome! Do you recommend the muffler delete or 5" muffler? I saw that the axle-back just had bolts, so it's just simply a bolt switch on the car? I want something that is easily revertible when (or if I even do) sell the car, and the next owner wants it stock.

I can't answer that for you, because the delete is LOUD and the 5" muffler is less loud, but is still louder than the stock muffler. YouTube "nameless muffler" and you'll get both sound clips.

I can't answer that for you, because the delete is LOUD and the 5" muffler is less loud, but is still louder than the stock muffler. YouTube "nameless muffler" and you'll get both sound clips.

I couldn't find any install videos, but I assume, just by looking at the picture, it is simply just bolting off the old muffler and adding on the axle-back? Nothing more?

I’ve personally had both. I recommend the 5 inch muffler. Less drone on the freeway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd pay a few hundo for a noise-maker like this; however, I had a bad experience with 5" mufflers on my '08 STI. It droned like crazy and didn't sound very good at WOT. Sure sounded good in the YT clips, though....

I'd have hear it for myself before committing.

Edited by gathermewool

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where