LegacyGT.com

New ‘18 owner advice?

Thank you for your input - much appreciated!

I had the same concerns when I upgraded my Civic to HIR bulbs.

In response to your concerns:

1. I used a dremel to modify the bulb tab, which took all of 1 minute per bulb, and that was taking my time

2. Did you thoroughly clean the bulb prior to install and ensure you didn't touch it (e.g., by wearing gloves) to prevent any oils from transferring to the glass?

Even still, I won't keep H9's in there if they don't last more than a couple of years. Less than one year is ridiculous.

3. I can't imagine an 18% increase in power will smoke the wiring. It also seems to be a common enough upgrade, that I would think we'd see some reports of issues.

I'm all for higher color temperature. Even the OEM HIDs in my '14 FXT are too low for me and they're on the higher color temperature of white.

Are you saying that we can modify an H11 bulb to fit in our Legacy? I might have to look into that for the next time.

It took me about 5 minutes per bulb, and, yes, I was particularly careful about keeping the bulbs clean. I also cleaned them with isopropanol when I was done modifying them. When I pulled them out, the filament on one was gone, and the other one didn't look great.

H11 is the standard low beam bulb for our cars. I don't know why you would need to modify it.

It took me about 5 minutes per bulb, and, yes, I was particularly careful about keeping the bulbs clean. I also cleaned them with isopropanol when I was done modifying them. When I pulled them out, the filament on one was gone, and the other one didn't look great.

H11 is the standard low beam bulb for our cars. I don't know why you would need to modify it.

that's disappointing news to hear.

Sorry for the confusion. I thought I read that you were modifying the H11...

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had the money to do any mods to my Subaru after purchase. I really want to do the swaybar but I'll need to put a set of tires on it now. Should have done mudflaps, whole side of the car is ****ed from chips they lay down for snow traction.

Pine tar peeled the paint on the roof, trunk and doors wherever it hit at around 6k miles. The paint won't seem to take any paste wax well, just looks splotchy. Spray wax is a little better, can't ever get the car to look good though especially after the pine tar.

CVT has acted up a couple times. Seems to just be fine after the hiccups...

In general, it's nice that it's a reliable AWD car that gets good fuel economy but it's about as boring as canned potatoes, so handling mods like the swaybar and appearance saving ones like mudflaps should come first. IMO.

If you plan to keep the car for a long time - get a good fluid film treatment too - including inside the doors and other hollow items.

Rust is something that these vehicles suffer from, so better protect early than too late.

453747.png