LegacyGT.com

Newbie looking for pricing guidance

RochNY91TSI

Hi all,

I've done some looking around here and I've seen a bunch of different prices. I stopped by the dealer tonight and got a quote on an '05 LGT as follows:

Price: 27604 (which they said is their invoice; though it is less on edmunds)

Incentive: 2000 rebate

Total sale price: 25604

This seems like a good price if I can get them to give me an accurate trade in value on my other car. What do others think?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

**Edit**

I did some more reading and it seems like this is a decent deal. I'm going to try to get 1k more on my trade since they low balled me and see if I can knock off a few more hundred on the sale price. But all in all seems decent...

im in poughkeepsie NY. i bought my car from Feders Subaru in Middletown. they have a 05 White non limited GT for sale now. prob. get a amazing deal on it. i haggled for a while, and got alot for my trade, but im sure they can work something out with you. i dealt with Kris in sales, hes a younger guy, eager to help other sube wannabees. hes got a pimped out STI. give them a call. 845-344-3100. Goodluck

Ron

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I have a 91 awd talon, just did a rebuild this year... 9:0:1 compression pistons and forged rods --I'm just running 16psi on a small 16g, but on the lower compression stock block with 19 psi I made 250awhp and around the same torque. Haven't tuned it yet but I'd say a conservative figure with the mods I dumped into it would give it ~300 awhp. It's a fun weekend / autocross car and it moves along nicely. The subie, if I buy it, is going to be the daily driver.

Just ask them to see the invoice. if they are being honest and telling you what their invoice is, they should have no problem showing it to you. take invoice minus rebate and that should be a good price. work the trade in good and dont take less than you honestly feel it is worth on trade...http://www.kbb.com is usually the best estimate on trade-in values.

Archived