LegacyGT.com

'95 subaru Legacy

Mykillerbunny

Hey guys, New here,!

Alright, i've got a '95 Subaru Legacy 2.2 L

I was just going to go through what i've done to it, since i see their are others out there with '95's and i belileve i saw someone with an L series.

So, i bought it in pretty good condition with about 120thousand on it, it had a few dings and rust spots but i took care of them all by myself in the first couple of months,

Now my sister bought a '95 Subaru Legacy 2.2 LS, which is supposidly the more luxiourious style, but she's had way more problems in hers then mine.

In my legacy i had to replace the crank shaft pully system becuase the bolt came loose when someone else was driving it and they dind't notice untill the thing wore the threading off the shaft (fun right) I put a K&N air filter in it and a bunch of random cheap things that i can afford with little income, i put some sweet hubcaps on it that make me laugh, and the newest edition of a silver shift nob and silver cheap plastic racing pedals. Oh, and the only other thing that i've had to do its get an couple of alighnment jobs, its not that somethings wrong, its just the guys did a poor job.

So my sisters car...wow....She dropped her tranny about 6 months after she bought it, replaced the CV boot, had a gas tank leak for a long time and coudln't fill her tank more than 1/2 way, her car was broken into and basicly got the entire center council ripped out and you can still hear glass in the door when you shut it. but she did manage to get enough money to put some sweet rims on it, but they have the chevrolet symbol in the middle of them, they look ridicioulus becuase her car has so much rust on it, i told her to take care of it, but she let it go to many winters.

Have fun

~Jibby:)

Have a '95 Legacy Wagon L, it's the wife's car. So far it's been a good, reliable car. Had 147K when we got it in Jan, it's already up to 153K.

According to this page, trim levels for '95 were: base (FWD), Brighton, L, LS, LSi.

http://www.cars101.com/subaru_legacy_archive95_97.html

Only complaint is poor MPG, average is 20mpg, and we both drive it conservatively. Hopefully a new 02 sensor will help improve MPG, it's due for inspection in Jan. Anyone know how much they run??

Only mod or improvement I've done is install Silverstars. Whatever bulbs that were in there really sucked.

I might have to buy new rims, apparently alloy rims can bend over time, which causes the tires to not seal properly and leak air. As far as I can tell, it has the original 14" alloy rims.

My car, for now is a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT. I plan on trading it in for a new Legacy next spring or summer.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

• 3 weeks later...

95 LSI here. It's in great shape and its been bullet proof. Needed a cv boot (common on city/pot hole driving), tie rod boot, and a new seal on the power steering m/c. I picked up a set of WRX rims/tires for 200 bucks. They were new and with less than 5000 miles. You can also pick up a WRX 6 disk change (in dash) for about 100-125. BOth of these are 100% bolt up with no modifications.

If you change the coolent get the coolent conditioner for subaru. It's 1.50 and well worth it. With high miles you will eventually get some head cylinder seap. Keep up on the maint. and the car will be good to you. Skimp on things and run it into the ground and it will be a POS. A paid off car requires 1K a year to keep it running.

95 LSI here. It's in great shape and its been bullet proof. Needed a cv boot (common on city/pot hole driving), tie rod boot, and a new seal on the power steering m/c. I picked up a set of WRX rims/tires for 200 bucks. They were new and with less than 5000 miles. You can also pick up a WRX 6 disk change (in dash) for about 100-125. BOth of these are 100% bolt up with no modifications.

Where did you get new rims for that cheap?? If I ever replace the rims I'd probably get some Sport Edition D5's, not sure if 16's would look right.

http://www.tirerack.com/servlet/CallJsp?target=wheelSearchCloseUp&initialPartNumber=D5003S&sizeIndex=0&wheelIndex=59&autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Legacy+Wagon&autoYear=1995&autoModClar=&showRear=null

Still have the stock 14's.

Already has a Sony CD stereo in it, other than a loose connection to the front speakers, it sounds good to me. Doesn't have quite the bass as the my GA's OEM stereo, but my wife hasn't complained

If you change the coolent get the coolent conditioner for subaru. It's 1.50 and well worth it. With high miles you will eventually get some head cylinder seap. Keep up on the maint. and the car will be good to you. Skimp on things and run it into the ground and it will be a POS. A paid off car requires 1K a year to keep it running.

Never heard of coolant conditioner before. Had a 30K mile service in Aug, so ti was changed then.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Archived