LegacyGT.com

07 air pump delete

So I seen m spanks thread of deleting the factory air pump. Has anyone done this? After the codes are turned off and keep the pressure sensor any drivability problems pop up?

The 90 fitting on my sti turbo barely fits around the sensors plug and was looking at maybe just getting rid of it if anyone has run their car like that for a long period of time and nothing popped up

Edited by Ninjacheezit

Great. If I install the block off plates and pull the relay would the codes cause any driving problems until I get it tuned and codes deleted? I probably won’t drive the car until I get it tuned anyways with the new turbo. But I will drive it to the tuner which is a hour away

You will want to leave the atmospheric pressure sensor in place at a minimum. If not in place, you may experience Limp Mode.

I did not experience driveability issues with the sensor in place and codes enabled. I was getting a CEL for secondary air pump pressure on most of the cold starts up to the pint where the codes were disabled.

https://imgur.com/gallery/qkECnja

I got everything out but I was clumsy and messed up the sensor a little. You can see the damage in the pics but if not the connector is cracked, I cut into the plastic of the sensor a little and I dented the top with pliers. Would this be good to go? Or should I try it again with another sensor?

As long as it still reads the correct barometric pressure for your elevation you’ll be sweet. What logging/flashing gear have you got?

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

Don’t have any ap only a code reader. I modified my car so fast completely skippped the ots tunes and going straight for a dyno. My code read does have a lot of values it reads I can see if it reads it. Does the barometric pressure have a n abbreviation on the logging software you guys use?

j3I4RQeActually just looked yes my code reader reads both of the values. One is map was at 26.8hg and the other was baron which was also 26.8hg. Didn’t have my map sensor plugged in at first so I thought I did something wrong it was ridiculously high while the baro was at 26.8. So looks like I should still be good to go once I figure out the manifold problem. Edited by Ninjacheezit