LegacyGT.com

2013 Legacy 3.6R window problem

I'm having a problem with my driver side front window I can't figure out.

It began to not roll up all the way.

I discovered it was jumping forward when I rolled it up, which allowed it to get in front of the seal on the rear side and bunch it up, creating a restriction so it would roll back down.

I can get it to roll up properly by holding the rear of the window down so it stays in the rear track.

I took the door apart expecting to find a loose bolt or broken clip Etc, but nothing is obviously wrong. The problem seems to be too much play in the window front to rear (like it's rocking), it's just not clear to me why.

Both bracket bolts seem tight and it has no play with the bracket. I did notice I can lift and drop the window in the track an inch or so with the motor stopped.

It looks like the motor has a bottom and top cable connection to the window creating a loop, maybe that has slack it should not and is why I can lift the window?

The side tracks are fixed. The rear one has a bolt but the front one looks all welded. I tried adjusting the bolt but there isn't really any play. They are held on by L shaped brackets so I wonder if they just bend over time.

I compared it to the passenger side and it rocks a bit too, but not as much, and not enough to come out of the track.

Any ideas?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

when you rock the window, is it sliding in the bracket at the base of the glass, or is the motor moving when you push it? I am not sure which brackets you are talking about - I'd check the top and bottom of the track, as well as the bracket holding the glass - look for anything loose as well as any signs of debris (from rubbing/wear) - if anything is trashed, that probably needs replaced. In the service manual they don't give much for diagnosis - they basically give a couple of reset procedures, but I am not sure these are going to help based upon your description.

Capture.thumb.JPG.ac2b14bd3608d955be10a6401977dcf8.JPG