LegacyGT.com

Avcs, ocv, and more

So a few days ago I was driving the car pretty hard on some canyon roads and got a check engine light for p0021. Did some reading and found the oil condition can be an issue and also the oil control valve could be sticky. Oil was only at 2500 miles but it was pretty dirty so I pulled both oil control valves and cleaned them with some wd-40. Driver side was pretty clean, passenger side was pretty gunked up. While I was there I pulled the banjo bolts for the avcs to see if they were still on there and sure enough the car didnt have any of the banjo filters. This is an 08 spec b so maybe that's why. I know they moved the turbo feed filter to below the turbo inlet pipe but didnt get to check that one due to time crunch. I ran a motor medic oil flush and changed the oil to end the day and the car seems to be doing fine. Then again the car seemed to be functioning totally fine even with the engine code, no rough idle or anything associated with the code. Weird thing is even after all that work at idle both avcs read 0 but both oil control valve duty cycles are pegged at 9.4. I thought those were numbers that throw engine lights? Driving the car the avcs seem to advance fairly the same left to right. Under full throttle they both went up to 42, under light driving they both move around 6 to 8 together so they're synced which is good I think. The oil control valves at full throttle had the left side at 75% and the right side at 70%. Are these numbers supposed to be what I'm expecting or is there a chance both the oil control valves failed? The ecu was reset so I dont have any cel any more and haven't had it come back but those numbers at idle still seem odd unless I'm just misguided.

Also I took some data logs of the car on a stock tune and then on stage 2. Probably took them a week ago before the ocv issues. I have them on my laptop and everything I just dont know how to load them up to the sight lol any help is greatly appreciated

Archived