LegacyGT.com

2018 3.6R vs 2019 2.4L Turbo

i have been seafoaming my cars with ATF Treatment for several decades ...

What specific Seafoam product are you talking about? Does Seafoam explicitly recommend it for this purpose? If not, why not?

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

sad that on Ascent 3.6 wasn't available; We have a $.30 additional gas tax on premium here... making it over a $1 more than 87 octane

You don't need to put preimum in to the Ascent. The 2.4T was designed to uses 87 octane.

because when you introduce it into the intake down stream of the MAF, it will coat the valves, you turn the car off let it soak and then in 30 or so minutes and let the detergents break down the carbon.start the car up and go for a drive. Most people I know that do this use

1/3 can spray into intake via vacuum port

1/3 can in oil 50 or so miles before oil change

1/3 can in fuel

edit is not detergent it is actually a dispersant aka solvent and that does wonders to carbon...

Kind of missed my point. ATF typically does NOT have a high level of detergents. There's no combustion by-products to deal with, like in an engine oil sump, so it's not necessary. Friction modifiers, anti-wear additives and anti-oxidants are much more prevalent.

There are products meant specifically for DI engines that are meant to break-up carbon deposits. I'm very curious as to why you chose an ATF instead.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

sad that on Ascent 3.6 wasn't available; We have a $.30 additional gas tax on premium here... making it over a $1 more than 87 octane

You don't need to put preimum in to the Ascent. The 2.4T was designed to uses 87 octane.

If it's like the other Subaru DI engines (i.e. WRX) then you can run on 87 but it runs best on 93 E10.

If it's like the other Subaru DI engines (i.e. WRX) then you can run on 87 but it runs best on 93 E10.

While that maybe true for the WRX, I did not notice any difference between 87 and 93 octane on the Ascent. I have tried 2 tanks with 93 and before going back to 87.

The 2.4L in the Ascent was designed to work optimally on 87. There is no [significant] performance benefit to running Premium in it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived