LegacyGT.com

SOA Stands Behind Their Cars....

Hi All,

I wanted to make everyone aware of SOA's committment to backing up their cars. I purchased an 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i (5MT) on 08-August-2005. I had a number of problems with the car, many of which I posted about here. The problem that annoyed me the most however was the cruise control which has been heavily dicussed here in problems / warranty forum. They took a number of shots at trying to fix the cruise but in the end could not do so. Subaru is actually providing me with a 2006 model Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sedan (4AT) at no cost. I will be picking up my new car on Monday and couldnt be happier. I would like to post more detalls on this later and will try to do so ASAP.

Cheers,

A happy SueB Owner :=)

They can keep the ole clutch man. The cruised control coupled with that tranny is fubar and I think A LOT of people are experiencing it.

The solution is to stay above 90 MPH when the cruise doesn't work anyway. :dm:

My mom has a 2.5i limited manual and I love it...it seems just like my car only the brakes don't get overpowered as easily in the 2.5i. i often use the cruise control on the 3 hour trip to Seattle and on 2 hour trips to Eugene. I have yet to notice anything weird with the Cruise control.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I realize that yes, I'm losing a gear and gaining some weight but its not really a big deal as I really just commute on the freeway in this car. I did gain a sunroof, power drivers seat, ummm 17" wheels, chrome rocker panels, and all weather mats, air filtration and... oh ye and I guess the 06 is supposedly safer in side impact crashes.

All in all not a bad swap... all of the terms of my financing remain exactly the same (ie still owe the same prinicipal amount as on my 05) this was considered a collateral substitution.

sounds like a good deal all around.

you get a car that works

S.O.A. gets to take a car apart , find fixes to problems, to improve on the next cars coming out.

btw not every car is going to be perfect no matter which car company you buy from and ours are waayyyyy better than others.

Actually since I didnt force the lemon law SOA is actually not doing squat with the car. The actually did what is called an 'assisted trade' whereby they traded my car for a new one and paid the difference. The dealer now has to sell the car.... That was a sticking point which held up the deal for a few days.. The dealer didnt want the car.

• 2 weeks later...
Actually since I didnt force the lemon law SOA is actually not doing squat with the car. The actually did what is called an 'assisted trade' whereby they traded my car for a new one and paid the difference. The dealer now has to sell the car.... That was a sticking point which held up the deal for a few days.. The dealer didnt want the car.

Hmmm...is this even legal (let alone ethical)? A car that can easily qualify as a lemon being sold on a used lot. I am not surprised the dealer did not want it. I am surprised that SOA would want to sell the car to someone else who would end up hating Subaru for life. Of course, I may be missing something here...

Something is definately missing here. This just doesn't jive. There has to be A LOT more to the story. But congrats man!:) No lawyers or anything...bizzare but cool.

Mob ties?...you made the dealer an offer he couldn't refuse...lol ;)

Maybe they were in a hurry to get it back because of a paperwork mix up. I once bought a motorcycle and rode it happily for 6 months before the dealer called me up and said that they gave me the wrong title. I legally owned a new one sitting in their showroom floor and could have walked in a demanded the keys. In order to fix the problem, they offered to give me a sweet deal on a much better bike so they could clear everything up. I got a better bike and they covered their ass.

I don't know but it has to be something like this as this sounds too good to be true.

This is certainly legal albeit rather unethical on the part of SOA. Whether the car would "easily qualify as a lemon" is questionable. There were a number of unrelated problems but thats not what the quaifying criteria are per my state's laws. If anything it was the cruise control problem that they had tried to fix atleast twice....the law says they have 3 shots. I'm pretty confident that they (SOA) know something is bunk with their MT cruise control system and therefore folded without any fight. I guess I'll be somewhat to blame if some poor sap gets my old car and has a lot of trouble. I could have very likely forced SOA's hand and made them buy the car back from me (and that would have forever ruined the title) but I didnt really feel the need to go through all of that. But in the end I think I ended up with less hassle and a car that had a sticker price of 4K more than my old car.

Archived