LegacyGT.com

how do you take out passenger side solenoid? I took everything out today but couldn't take out the solenoid because of that bracket that holds that black coolant reservoir.

I cleaned up that solenoid on driver side with wd40 and CEL is still there. Should I disconnect the battery to reset ECU or will CEL clear on its own if problem disappears?

I will take a look at that banjo bolt thing, looks like it's hard to reach. But I don't think I have an issue with dirty oil. When I pull dipstick out, oil is clean and it's always full. My car burns less than 0.5L per 5000km. I've put about 200ml and I have about 3800km on this oil change. I also change oil myself since the car was new. I only use Mobile1 syntetic and 98% used subaru filter. I change oil every 4500-5500km. Most of the oil changes were under 5000km (not miles). I think I went twice 6000km and that was because of highway driving.

The only difference since the problem begin was timing belt replacement. Could timing belt skip by like one tooth and still drive normal?

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthre...ht=OCV+install

Take look here might help.

And as for the bolt, I still have the CEL even after replacing the OCV. So best bet even though oil is clean the filter is clogged/clogging. I personally think if your oil is always clean just remove the filter. A tiny filter being removed is better than starving your turbo and engine of oil. And yes it’s a pita to get to but not too bad.

Thanks. That link doesn't work but I found one where it shows the install process. Poster talks about using screwdriver to pry out OCV but I tried everything and was afraid I would damage it.

I cleaned the driver side one with wd40. CEL went away for about 2-3 days but it came back yesterday.

I noticed when CEL was off, car was starting up fine. Once CEL came back, start ups are slightly different.

Thanks. That link doesn't work but I found one where it shows the install process. Poster talks about using screwdriver to pry out OCV but I tried everything and was afraid I would damage it.

I cleaned the driver side one with wd40. CEL went away for about 2-3 days but it came back yesterday.

I noticed when CEL was off, car was starting up fine. Once CEL came back, start ups are slightly different.

Sorry the link shortened it self lol.

I still have the same issue. I cleared the code on Monday, and on my way to work today it came back on. However, with or without it on it still starts up fine, drives fine, idles fine, everything. The people who swapped my engine said there seemed to be no issue with the turbo getting oil to and from the banjo as well as the engine.

• 2 months later...