LegacyGT.com

Puddle Lights

Help needed as I have tried and failed to fit these - H471SAJ100 - today to my JDM Legacy V Wagon. Has anyone out there done it? The main problem is the apparent absence of the pre-installed connection for the loom. It should be behind the plastic wheel arch towards the front of the car. Well, I've searched, literally, high and low with no success. If anyone can advise, a pic would really help, it would be much appreciated!

scroller, hope this helps..

found in an old thread..

" The thing is finding the OEM harness was a bugger on the passenger side. At first I thought it wasn't even there. It took quite a bit of searching to find it it was so tucked up in there and hidden. To get to it they do show you to drop the wheel well lining (which I did) however, the graphic in the install manual is very deceiving. The plug on the passenger side is pretty much up under the intake's airbox. I had to remove the airbox to get to the tape that was holding the plug harness in place. You can identify the harness by the pale red / almost washed out pink colored tape holding it in place. On the drivers side (LHD) it was easier to find but in the same general vicinity, more up towards the headlamp direction and the same type of tape holding it in place. The end of each plug has a protective cap you need to remove before plugging in the OEM harness. "

First, many thanks for the replies so far. I've scraped more knuckles, removed both front inner mudguards and .... still no trace. I did this before the latest photo so, can you confirm that this shows the L/H/D side (the US driver's side) and that the white plastic is the bottom of the washer fluid reservoir? If so, that gives me a specific place to have a last look. It may be that the loom on a US car and the loom on my JDM Legacy differs and I'm searching for something that's just not there. If that's the case, I may look at tapping into the wiring on the door pillar that activates the interior lighting when the doors are opened. Thanks again.

• 8 months later...