LegacyGT.com

CB Mount Location

I just got a legacy for my first real car! hooray! but...on to my question.

I have a CB radio that a old neighbor gave me for my car, and a radio scanner. I'd really like to put them both in the car, but i can't really figure out where to mount them.

I'm thinking they might mount to the roof on the passenger side, if i move the sun visor down an inch. is there anything hiding under there to be careful of-other than the power lines to the (broken) sun visor lights.

also, where do you guys mount your antennas? i'm thinking of using an antenna I can scavenge of a junk 2001 caravan and trying to do a professional-looking mount, as i really want this to look good.

finally...can the power antenna on the rear window support a radio scanner?

Consider first if it's a good idea to have anything there that you or a passenger can hit their head on. Sometimes it's better to put it in the glove box or other location.

I have a ham radio and it's under the seat so it's not visible, but all controls are in the microphone so it's not that bad to have it there.

453747.png

Consider first if it's a good idea to have anything there that you or a passenger can hit their head on. Sometimes it's better to put it in the glove box or other location.

I have a ham radio and it's under the seat so it's not visible, but all controls are in the microphone so it's not that bad to have it there.

I thought about an under seat mount, but this car is gonna be running in mud whether i want it to or not, so I'd rather keep anything sensitive of the floor. and all the controls are on the unit, so it needs to be visible.

Archived