LegacyGT.com

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited Wagon pricing

dojo

Ok, so thankfully I'm close to getting this done or (git er' done) for those who know ;)

2006 Suby Legacy 2.5i limited with auto Wagon

MSRP= 27,120

Invoice= 25,041

Minus current 1000 incentive on 06' Legs = 24,041

+ Floor matts +33

+ rear cargo tray +46

+autodim/compass mirror + 119

grand total @ invoice (minus current 1k incentive) = 24,239

So that said, can the extra 1500 in dealer hold back and dealer cash be had into?

Assuming I could get this for 22,739 would be a major hit. Figure 23 or just over does the trick..

Just asking the forum if this is the correct logic and is seemingly a great deal (= 2,500 off invoice vs. 2000 off invoice...) you get the picture.

TIA and I welcome all feedback, I can only say as a long time lurker, recent poster this forum of the 6 I frequent for car info has been the most helpful!

Thanks,

:icon_bigg :icon_bigg

Why not just get a LGT wagon, since you are getting an auto? I guess your price is darned good...as long as it holds, at 22739. Plus, tax, I assume? Dunno if that will work out...but you could try.

Either way, I would say get a GT, if it's a few bucks more, per month, in your case...but, that is just my view.

No argument there. I have a dedicated Track car (modified s2000) and this car is only for my snowboard/biking/camping/dog carrying/roadtripin' butt to have so i can enjoy the creature comforts and not the bling and added $$$ of a Turbo ;) otherwise I'd definitely hit the turbo..

My last couple cars have been Audi S4's (2.7TT) & the V8 avant (wagon) so the thought process behind this was non-gt, mainly b/c it looks to net a savings of close to 4,500 bucks when comparing apples to apples and as a "second" car that's not going to see primary duties, I didn't think it's worth it. We'll see here in the next 2 days if I can get the $$ to stick... thanks for the feedback.

So that said, can the extra 1500 in dealer hold back and dealer cash be had into?

:icon_bigg :icon_bigg

The holdback is not quite that much and there is no dealer cash on the 2006 Legacy line.

Why would you expect a Dealer to 'net' out a 2006 model already?

Ok so I went to 2 dealers in the past day and proposed the above info and both said the best they could do was right around 24,200 and that's their floor...

What gives? I'm almost certain there's more wiggle room on this car as the 22,7xx number is the relative floor = no wiggle room left, but gesch, I can't get them to go into the 23,xxx ? hmmm Still trying different dealers, but figure it's a matter of patience... one will, but most give the impression that they "don't have to" right now...

Thoughts? feedback?

Anyone else? I'm finding a bit of push back from the dealers I've been working with saying "I can't go lower than the invoice - incentive " which we know is BS...

I know there's another 12-1500 in dealer $$ in there. My guess is they just don't have to "tap" into it... we shall see..

Ok so my original post was this:

2006 Suby Legacy 2.5i limited with auto Wagon

MSRP= 27,120

Invoice= 25,041

Minus current 1000 incentive on 06' Legs = 24,041

+ Floor matts +33

+ rear cargo tray +46

+autodim/compass mirror + 119

Assuming I could get this for 22,739 would be a major hit. Figure 23 or just over does the trick..

Just asking the forum if this is the correct logic and is seemingly a great deal (= 2,500 off invoice vs. 2000 off invoice...) you get the picture.

TIA and I welcome all feedback, I can only say as a long time lurker, recent poster this forum of the 6 I frequent for car info has been the most helpful!

Thanks,

-------------------------------------

Now that I've contacted 7 dealers and honestly I'm surprised, they are all saying the lowest they can go is 24,239??? I thought there's much more to be had on this with respect to hold back/dealer cash etc... what gives? ANyone? I don't understand how the "best supposed deal" here is invoice - incentives = what anyone can get?

Thoughts? Help? I'm confused... you hear of some posting I got this car for 23XXX you can do much better, well I guess then I'm asking how did you do it?

I can't remember where I found them, but I think the website was something called Fighting Chance. It gives you a lot of free tips on buying, but utltimately, you get the real goods for a price. But they also had some Excel worksheets to download that helped you determine a fair price. All you have to do is plug in some numbers.

Archived