LegacyGT.com

Anyone else notice interior windows gettin' "dirty" ??

Stoners works very well, though you need to use less of it than windex, for example. In addition, I have found that old cotton shirts work the best - of course they need to be clean and ideally without any fabric softener.

Newspapers have been suggested many times, but the one time I tried it, I ended up releasing the soy-based inks and putting them all over the glass.

As for Armorall - I won't even use that on my interior or dash, much less the windows.

^ Brother and detail freak OCD has confirmed that Armor-All has long since been reformulated. :) I still don't really like it for the interior, though...too shiny (and slick) for my tastes, even after I try to "buff it out."

With Stoner's, I use a microfiber towel. Actually, a dry microfiber towel is also great for "buffing out" and wiping away the outgas haze between cleanings, and is quick-and-easy, to-boot. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

No armorall for dash? really? I know there was an issue w/ their formulation, but that was a loooooooooong time ago. Is that still true up to this day?

Anyone have any experience w/ the Gunk Foam Glass Cleaner?

Like Tsi said, I just don't care for the stuff anyway - gets sticky after some time, collects more dust, is too shiny, and always left crap on my windshield in the summer. As for "preserving" dashboards and such, I just don't see it - these chemicals tend to dry out the dash more than not, from what I have seen. I never used ArmorAll on my MazdaMX6 dash, and after 13 years it has no cracks or dry spots (that weren't inflicted by my cargo!)

In addition, there is no way I am using it on tires, as they like to recommend. These tire dressings are known to seal up the sidewalls, prevent the tire from breathing, and hence accellerating dry-rot.

Leather is another example - never use single-bottle conditioners on it. It leaves it shiny and dries it out. Clean leather is NOT shiny, and needs to breath like this in order to keep its softness (along with dosing it with oils, just like your skin does.) On of the other forum sites I frequent has a great writeup about this... I'll see if I can find it, if anyone is interested.

A little late to the question, but I was just crusin' the forums. My wife has an '05 Legacy OB and her windows inside get a film/ dirty. I too think it is outgasing. I have the '05 XT and I don't seem to get a noticable film, and the new car smell is still there( 6900 miles and bought in July). I don't have leather, and I clean mine. My wife on the other hand- ?

Archived