LegacyGT.com

New infotainment release for 2018 models

Does it fix anything?

I’m hoping it fixes the fact it usually takes 30-60 seconds for CarPlay to come up after plugging my phone in and issues where the center display behind the steering wheel sometimes doesn’t change the song playing.

I’m hoping it fixes the fact it usually takes 30-60 seconds for CarPlay to come up after plugging my phone in and issues where the center display behind the steering wheel sometimes doesn’t change the song playing.

Didn’t seem to help :(

I timed mine this morning. It takes less than 15 seconds for my CarPlay icon to show up after plugging in my phone. I don't use the center display in the fashion you describe, so I cannot comment on that.

I timed mine this morning. It takes less than 15 seconds for my CarPlay icon to show up after plugging in my phone. I don't use the center display in the fashion you describe, so I cannot comment on that.

On rare occasions mine will be that quick or even quicker. Usually it is 30-60 seconds, usually closer to 30. A coworker just got a 2019 Forester and his always connects right away. My phone also connects right away to our 2018 VW Atlas.

Archived