LegacyGT.com

2012 Legacy R

I'm looking at possibly buying a 2012 Legacy 3.6R (see here - https://www.irwinzone.com/used-Laconia-2012-Subaru-Legacy-36R+Limited-4S3BMDL60C2017104)

I'm not overly worried about the miles, but I don't have a lot of experience in maintaining a Subaru vehicle though I am a decent home mechanic. I plan on using this to occasionally tow a utility trailer (top weight wouldn't go beyond 1000lbs) but this may only be once a year. It will normally just be a daily driver.

Are there any common issues with the engine/tranny? (I didn't find anything with my search through the Internet).

Thanks in advance!

Jay

Pretty high milage, I bought mine with 60,000 on the clock and its still done way less miles than that 2012 one.

All depends on the service history. Took the oil cap off mine and the 3.0R has aluminium webs to stop large objects dropping into the engine and they were spotless, I mean spotless not even a yellow film deposit on them so the engine was "like new". These engines are also incredibly quiet once warmed up.

No big issues with mine, with AWD you have more CV boots that fail. Have had to do both front INNER boots on mine. Hate it when they go it chucks black grease all round the engine bay. The only saving grace is that it throws it on the CAT heatsheild so you smell it real fast and only fix the boot before it stuffs the CV itself. $60 for the genuine Subaru kit that contains everything so a cheap fix if you can do it yourself.

Great cars, a real pleasure to drive.

Archived